1. Linux on 2nd IDE drive on 2nd IDE controller?
I am considering installing Linux on my PC. All of my hard drive space
is spoken for, so I would need to add a third hard drive to my system.
But, before I go out and spend a few hundred dollars on a new
hard drive, I was wondering if anyone could tell me what sort of problems
I might have if I set my PC up this way:
System is a Gw2k P5-120, 32 meg 60ns EDO ram, ATI Mach 64 graphics, on board
EIDE controller, Ensoniq Soundscape sound card.
EIDE Controller 0:
Drive 0: OS/2 Boot Manager
FAT partition for Window$ '95 (*mutter* *grumble*)
Drive 1: 5 HPFS partitions (OS/2 Warp, programs, data, news spool, etc.)
EIDE Controller 1:
Drive 0: ATAPI-compliant 3-disk CD-ROM drive
Drive 1: new HD, where Linux partitions will go
In other words, will Linux squawk at being installed on or booting from the
secondary drive on the secondary controller? Or, do I need to look into
getting a SCSI drive? I haven't seen anything written in the files I've
looked at that suggest that there might be a problem, but....
Also, is there anything special I need to know in shopping for a
hard drive for Linux, or about hardware problems I am going to encounter
(aside from only being able to use tray 0 of the CD-ROM drive....)?
Thanks in advance.
3. thank you - thank you??
4. Wanted: pop3d for Solaris
5. Two IDE drives up, Thanks!
6. How to make 3Dfx Voodoo1 kick in
7. Thank you Joern Staudt(joesta), want u great help, thanks a lot .
8. newbie question
9. Thanks to greg and a 2nd question
10. Help: Using 1 gig IDE drive as 2nd drive
11. Booting DOS off 2nd drive, with 3 IDE drives
12. ide-tape.o errors. Thank you!!