cu problem

Post by Steve Faba » Sun, 13 Apr 1997 04:00:00

Quote:>Dear All

>I have configured two SCO server to test uucp with direct cable
>connection.

>I tried to take a file, after I typed:

>    cu -l tty2a
>    ~[local]%take /etc/passwd /tmp/passwd

>It wants me to login the other server.

>Anybody know why?????

>Thanks

Cu is NOT uucp.  To test your uucp connection use:

/usr/lib/uucp/uutry -r -x9 system_name

Where system_name is setup using uuinstall.

Cu in your example simply gives you a connection to the other machine
and it responds to your keystrokes with login: and password:

The fact that you see a login prompt is a good sign. It means that your
cable and both systems are connected together properly.

                                   Steve Fabac
                                    S.M. Fabac & Associates
                                      816/765-1670

cu problem

Post by Frank Adcoc » Mon, 14 Apr 1997 04:00:00

> Dear All

> I have configured two SCO server to test uucp with direct cable
> connection.

> I tried to take a file, after I typed:

>     cu -l tty2a
>     ~[local]%take /etc/passwd /tmp/passwd

> It wants me to login the other server.

> Anybody know why?????

> ThanksThe other server has a getty session running.  You will have to log in

to it so that the %take can use the shell created by the login session
to perform it's operation.

1. cu problems RH 6.2

I have RH 6.2.  I have a modem installed as ttyS0.  I need to use cu to
dial out to connect to a customer's unix box.  I use cu -h -lttys0 and
get the CONNECTED prompt.  The TR light on the modem lights.  If I type
AT, when I press enter, I get ^M (like below)

Connected.
at^M^M^M^M

I can use ~. to disconnect.  But when I type it I get ~~.. (but I do
get the disconnect message).  This is the output of the stty -a.  I
know from reading the man pages there are settings in here that control
certain characters, etc.  but i cannot tell if I need to change a
setting or not.

speed 9600 baud; rows 25; columns 80; line = 0;
intr = ^C; quit = ^\; erase = ^H; kill = ^U; eof = ^D; eol = <undef>;
eol2 = <undef>; start = ^Q; stop = ^S; susp = ^Z; rprnt = ^R; werase =
^W;
lnext = ^V; flush = ^O; min = 1; time = 0;
-parenb -parodd cs8 -hupcl -cstopb cread -clocal -crtscts
-ignbrk -brkint -ignpar -parmrk -inpck -istrip -inlcr -igncr icrnl
ixon -ixoff
-iuclc -ixany -imaxbel
opost -olcuc -ocrnl onlcr -onocr -onlret -ofill -ofdel nl0 cr0 tab0 bs0
vt0 ff0
isig icanon iexten echo echoe echok -echonl -noflsh -xcase -tostop -
echoprt
echoctl echoke

I have tried using minicom and can use the enter key within minicom,
but none of the control keys work.  I can't get out of minicom without
logging in on another screen and killing it.  I have read man minicom
and have tried experimenting with keyboard settings in minicom -s but
nothing allows me to use the ctrl commands.

I have to have command line modem access - won't be using the GUI
much.  Don't think I can use PPP because the number dialed will be
different every time.  Any advice will be appreciated.  Thanks.

Myra

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. How to setup keystroke logging?

3. odd ppp/cu problem...

4. Lilo spits "L 40 40 40 40"...

5. Cu problem with Caldera

6. NFS Daemon Problems

7. V4.3.2 UUCP (cu) Problem

8. Keyboard arrows, wrong caracters...

9. Needs Help for Cu Problem

10. uucp/cu problems with SCO 3.2.4 upgrade

11. CU problems

12. cu problem

13. UUCP and CU problems