I've a problem with a remote printer on SCO

I've a problem with a remote printer on SCO

Post by Rc » Wed, 05 Jan 2000 04:00:00

    Hello, I configured a remote printer in a SCO with scoadmin, all is ok,
but when I send a job get a error, it says that for fix the error execute
"lpstat -a" command. This command says:

name_printer not accepting requests since "date"

please help me

pd.- I've configured the file /etc/printcap

Thanks in avance.

Rafa

I've a problem with a remote printer on SCO

Post by Rob Parke » Thu, 06 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Have you run mkdev rlp to install remote line printing ?
You can see if lpd is running by using ps -e|grep lpd.

Sometimes running /usr/lib/lpshut      and then  /usr/lib/lpsched  to stop
and start the print services will also work.  (not while other users are
using other printers)

I have had various problems with lpd, depending on the version of SCO,  and
whether the printers are local or on another host. So long as lpd is running
and the printcap file has no errors (and the above has not worked) a reboot
will stop and start all services.
Drastic, but if you are able to do it, less frustrating.

Rob

I've a problem with a remote printer on SCO

Post by GIMA » Sat, 08 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Just a guess. Have you cleaned out the spooler? If you have too many jobs
you will get all kinds of crazy errors.

>     Hello, I configured a remote printer in a SCO with scoadmin, all is
ok,
> but when I send a job get a error, it says that for fix the error execute
> "lpstat -a" command. This command says:

> name_printer not accepting requests since "date"

> please help me

> pd.- I've configured the file /etc/printcap

> Thanks in avance.

> Rafa

1. I've a problem with a remote printer on SCO

    Hello, I configured a remote printer in a SCO with scoadmin, all is ok,
but when I send a job get a error, it says that for fix the error execute
"lpstat -a" command. This command says:

name_printer not accepting requests since "date"

please help me

pd.- I've configured the file /etc/printcap

Thanks in avance.

Rafa

2. Firewall and forwarding

3. Setting up a SCO lpr printer to serve as remote printer for PC lpd's

4. Linux as a File/Application server??

5. I've installed Red Hat 5.0 Linux and I've got a problem

6. Control-H in Jed0.97

7. SCO remote printer on AIX printers

8. framebuffer console text attribs

9. Remote printer SCO to SCO not working

10. You've got yours, I've got mine... let the others in their shit!

11. I've got a good question about remote booting

12. RH 8.0 and USB Printer - Worst RH I've ever used

13. I've lost my root cron job on Sco Openserver 5.0 - can you help?