Help, please, Can't enter passwords

Post by Remove -nospam to rep » Sun, 04 Oct 1998 04:00:00

I am managing a small OSR 5.0.1 system, and recently ran into a new
problem.  I created a new user account, but I am unable to enter a
password (the error says the protected item can't be saved).  Further,
I can't change any existing password nor does it save the
SCO-generated password.

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated....

Thanks

Help, please, Can't enter passwords

Post by Jean-Pierre Radle » Sun, 04 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Remove -nospam to reply typed (on 03Oct):
| I am managing a small OSR 5.0.1 system, and recently ran into a new
| problem.  I created a new user account, but I am unable to enter a
| password (the error says the protected item can't be saved).  Further,
| I can't change any existing password nor does it save the
| SCO-generated password.

One problem is that you are probably not running  OSR 5.0.1, sinbce
no such version was ever on the market.

What is the exact error message, rather than your paraphrase of it?