SQL Retriever, Crystal Reports & ingres 1.2 left outer

SQL Retriever, Crystal Reports & ingres 1.2 left outer

Post by John Salfe » Tue, 08 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Hello,

We are running SCO 5.0.5 with SQL Retriever 4.17, CA OpenIngres version 1.2
and on the PC side Windows 98SE and Seagate Crystal Reports 7.0 Pro.

When using Crystal Reports and attempt to use the Left Outer, [=(+),*=], we
receive and error form the ODBC driver.

ODBC error [SCO Vision][ODBC Driver] SQL Retriever Server - ODBC SQL escape
clause could not be processed.

We also use Openlink Software's ODBC drivers and it does work properly with
there.

Any ideas are welcome,
 John Salfer
 Voyageur Software

Post by Matt Schofiel » Wed, 09 Feb 2000 04:00:00

> Hello,

> We are running SCO 5.0.5 with SQL Retriever 4.17, CA OpenIngres version 1.2
> and on the PC side Windows 98SE and Seagate Crystal Reports 7.0 Pro.

> When using Crystal Reports and attempt to use the Left Outer, [=(+),*=], we
> receive and error form the ODBC driver.

> ODBC error [SCO Vision][ODBC Driver] SQL Retriever Server - ODBC SQL escape
> clause could not be processed.

> We also use Openlink Software's ODBC drivers and it does work properly with
> there.

Even though it runs with OpenIngres 1.2 the SQL-Retriever only supports
Ingres functionality up to Ingres v6.4, which inherently doesn't include
any support for outer joins. It may be possible to get the same results
using a union on two select statements, however the report writer
probably won't allow you to do this.

Regards

Matt Schofield
--
Return email address junked

1. Stored Procedure & SQL Retriever

Hi,
I'm looking for a good tip for the following problem:
How can I start a Stored Procedure with the SCO SQL Retriever 4.1 (with SQL
Gold).
Backend : Informix Online
Stored Procedure:
    create procedure sptneu()
   returning char(10);
     SET DEBUG FILE TO "/tmp/sptneu.trace";
     TRACE ON;
      TRACE "First Message";
     SYSTEM 'lp -dps1_1 /etc/hosts';
     TRACE "SECOND Message";
     return "-ENDE-";
  end procedure
Command SQL Gold:
    execute procedure sptneu()
This command do nothing - why ???

The next problem is the use with VisualBasic5:
I use this VB Code and I've got a ODBC Error
    sub StProcedure()
        Dim WS1 As Workspace
        Dim CON1 As Connection
        Dim RST1 As Recordset
        Dim QRD1 As QueryDef
        Dim strSQL$
        Dim strCON$
        Set WS1 = CreateWorkspace("informix", "informix", "", dbUseODBC)
        Set CON1 = WS1.OpenConnection("informix", dbDriverPrompt, False)
        Set RST1 = CON1.OpenRecordset("EXECUTE PROCEDURE sptneu()")
    .
    .
    end sub
Trace File:
  trace on
  trace expression :First Message
  system : lp -dps1_1 /etc/hosts
  exception : looking for handler
  SQL error = -668 ISAM error = -127  error string =  = ""
  exception : no appropriate handler
What's the reason of  this error ???
Thank's for help
J?rg
*********************

*********************

2. Promise Supertrak SX6000 and i2o drivers in Linux

3. Crystal Reports and SYBASE Sql SERVER

4. 4mm tape drive is falsely write protected!

5. Database Reporting Tool e.g. Crystal Report

6. Warning to those who use gcc

7. Java Report Engine for Seagate Crystal Reports (Server Runtime)

8. Quake III Arena

9. Report Designer (e.g. Crystal Reports for Linux).

10. SCO Vision SQL-Retriever setup problems

11. SCO SQL Retriever won't startup

12. SQL Retriever Problems

13. Does SQL-Retriever require NFS to be installed?