Bad graphics on character screen after OSR5 upgrade

Bad graphics on character screen after OSR5 upgrade

Post by Lucky Leavel » Wed, 09 Aug 1995 04:00:00

Another minor problem: after upgrading to OSR5 (from OSE 3.0), some of
the box/line drawing characters do not display properly.  For example,
solid lines now appear as A-umlaut's and other box drawing characters are
similarly not interpreted properly.  They worked earlier under OSE 3.0.

PS. This refers to console multiscreens; haven't tried logging in from a
terminal or over the network yet.

TIA,
Lucky

Lucky Leavell                            Phone: (812) 945-6555
Relational Information Systems, Inc.       FAX: (812) 949-9233

New Albany, IN 47150-2013                       71534,2674 (CompuServe)
                                 WWW Home Page:  http://wl.iglou.com/ris

Bad graphics on character screen after OSR5 upgrade

Post by Sheldon Parme » Wed, 09 Aug 1995 04:00:00

I remember seeing a posting about the same problem from Bela.  Try
"mapchan -n" and then go into your application with the funky screen.  If
the screen looks ok, make the fix permanent by editting
/etc/default/mapchan.  Take out "ibm" and leave the rest of the file the
same.

Sheldon Parmer
MicroAge of Birmingham, APC

Post by D. Lee Pen » Thu, 10 Aug 1995 04:00:00

>Another minor problem: after upgrading to OSR5 (from OSE 3.0), some of
>the box/line drawing characters do not display properly.  For example,
>solid lines now appear as A-umlaut's and other box drawing characters are
>similarly not interpreted properly.  They worked earlier under OSE 3.0.

Try the command   "mapchan -n"   This problem is related to the
international character set as reported by Bela.

I also see this problem when running a scoterm window at my PC running
WFW and PCXware X server.  Unfortunately, the mapchan command does not
help there.

--

[SCO APC, 7444 Jager Ct., Cincinnati, OH 45230-4344    FAX: (513) 232-7801]
[ http://www.dlpco.com                                                    ]

Post by Jean-Pierre Radl » Thu, 10 Aug 1995 04:00:00

D. Lee Penn writes:

> >Another minor problem: after upgrading to OSR5 (from OSE 3.0), some of
> >the box/line drawing characters do not display properly.  For example,
> >solid lines now appear as A-umlaut's and other box drawing characters are
> >similarly not interpreted properly.  They worked earlier under OSE 3.0.

> Try the command   "mapchan -n"   This problem is related to the
> international character set as reported by Bela.

You might also decide to comment out the only line in /etc/rc.d/6/kinit
that isn't already commented out.

--

Post by Lucky Leavel » Fri, 11 Aug 1995 04:00:00

> >Another minor problem: after upgrading to OSR5 (from OSE 3.0), some of
> >the box/line drawing characters do not display properly.  For example,

> Try the command   "mapchan -n"   This problem is related to the
> international character set as reported by Bela.

Thanks for the tip; I used it for immediate relief and used JP's
suggestion to comment out the mapchan command in /etc/rc.d/6/kinit and
commenting out all the lines in /etc/default/mapchan (from Bela, I think)
for longer term relief.

Quote:> I also see this problem when running a scoterm window at my PC running
> WFW and PCXware X server.  Unfortunately, the mapchan command does not
> help there.

I also have observed this but it also occurred under OSE 3.0 ...

Thank you,
Lucky

Lucky Leavell                            Phone: (812) 945-6555
Relational Information Systems, Inc.       FAX: (812) 949-9233

New Albany, IN 47150-2013                       71534,2674 (CompuServe)
                                 WWW Home Page:  http://wl.iglou.com/ris

1. Screen saver for SCO OSR5 (no graphics)

Is there a screen saver or something similar for SCO Open Server Rel. 5.0.4?
I don't use graphics. I would like to automatically turn blank the system
console when not in use. I have read something about screen savers for SCO
Openserver (maybe in Skunkware?) but I can't find it any more. A search in
this newsgroup gave me no results.
Can anybody give me any tips?

Thank you
Lorenzo

2. Cutting off finger (ouch!)

3. Screen flicker with OSR5 and #9 graphics

4. how to configure sound card(via vt8233)

5. Upgrade 3.2.4.2 ->OSR5 Host -> OSR5 Ent

6. Need help with mysql + C problem...

7. Voodoo 3 Graphics Card drivers for full screen graphics

8. NIS+ table permissions in 2.3

9. Onboard Graphics adapter, upgrade to PCI Graphics Blaster Riva TNT

10. SCO Osr5: Vpix 1.02.00: Problem on character terminals

11. Line Drawing Characters under SCO OSR5

12. XSessions / Graphic adapters with latest Mainboards on OSR5 are not working