I have a problem connecting NewEra on WfW 3.11 using PCNFSpro to Online
5.0 engines running on SCO OpenServer 3.0 and 5.0.
I have however discarded (or misunderstood) all the newgroup discussed
problem/solution information due to the following:
- My instalation DNS has both server and client registered.
- sqlexec Service is correct and not on the last line on the services
- I have tried plain NewEra instalation as well as two different patches
for I-Net provided by Informix.
- I can see the client's connection attempts to sqlexecd when running it
with a log.
*Here comes the best part ...*
- The exact same configuration connects perfectly to an Online 5.0 engine
running on a SPARCserver 10-Solaris 2.5 server (just by changing
connection parameters via the SetNet utility).
- I can also drop PCNFSpro's WinSock and have NewEra connect to SCO (on
the same machine) by dialing in to my instalation trough Trumpet as a TCP
stack. And I am using the same "services", "hosts", "protocols" files and
DNS servers as for PCNFSpro.
I have had other problems with PCNFSpro<->SCO like panics under NFS mounts that were solved by
SCO patches, but this one ... mmmmmh NO luck !
Any solutions, suggestions, comments appreciated to
Confundido . . .