Re-Install SCO OpenServer Rel3.2v5.0.0 on new system - serial mouse problem - Help Please

Re-Install SCO OpenServer Rel3.2v5.0.0 on new system - serial mouse problem - Help Please

Post by A.P. Gopcevic - ADACC/IISMC » Tue, 01 Jul 1997 04:00:00

I am moving SCO from a 486 to a Pentium. The 486 had IDE & SCSI and
works fine. I am re-installing SCO on a new Pentium with only IDE (1.6GB
wd drive) and am using the same keyboard, monitor and mouse (thru A/B
switch) on both the 486 and Pentium systems.

The install went fine, but the mouse dosn't respond at all. I've checked
the hwconfig and 'mkdev mouse' on both systems and they are the same.
The mouse is on COM1 addr 03f8, irq 4. I've deleted the mouse and
re-installed re-link etc a number of times, with no change. The mouse is
a Microsoft serial.

Intel Pentium 120
32MB memory
ISA Bus
IDE HD (Western Digital Caviar 21600 (1624.6MB))
IDE CD-ROM
Microsoft Compatable Mouse (z-nix inc.) works on 486 - on com1
com2 not used yet

System=SCO_SV
Release=3.2v5.0.0
KernalID=95/08/08
BusType=ISA
Users=5
NumCPU=1

Any help out there would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Andy Gopcevic