No Devices Connected

Post by Brian Tetlo » Wed, 10 Jul 1996 04:00:00

Using SCO V 3.2 4.2 I have just been setting up a US Robotics modem for dial
in and Dial out. I have modified the Inittab, Gettydefs and the Devices files
as outlined in the Sys Admin docs. When I try to dial in the modem is picking
up the signal but getty is not responding. When I try to dial out with
cu I get the message No Device Connected. Both serial ports are enabled as
tty1A and tty2A. HELP, what next.

Thank you in anticipation

Brian Tetlow

1. Connecting IBM channel connect devices to a SUN box - URGENT Q

---

Hi there,

I'm trying to connect some IBM channel connect devices ( Printers and IBM 3480 tape array )
to a SUN box ( SS1000 ). As much as I know there is a company in the US manufacturing
SBUS card's and a channel box, which will allow such connections.

If someone out there can send me some info or contact addresses, so that I can resolve
my problem I'll appreciate. ( It's rather URGENT ) :-(

Regards Todor.

2. Iptables

3. connect SW to s pseudo UART device instead of real serial device

4. dmesg and /var/log/message bugs, FreeBSD

5. Not Available these Signal nos on Linux

6. POP Server on AIX 3.1.5, 3.2

7. CD-RW: CDFS? Unstable dev nos?

8. DDS2 tape problem with linux 1.2.13

9. NOS shootout

10. Seeds for random nos.

11. faster NOS: NetWare or Linux?

12. Software to read NOS/VE backup tapes