cu not removing locks

Post by int.. » Tue, 27 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Hi, all

I am using sco505 with all patches 505a 600a .  I am using a digi Xe
card.  When i use the digi port connected to a modem the cu program
does not remove the /usr/spool/uucp/LCK....xxxxx lock file when done.

Any ideas,

TIA

John Ingram

cu not removing locks

Post by Jean-Pierre Radle » Tue, 27 Jun 2000 04:00:00

| Hi, all
|
| I am using sco505 with all patches 505a 600a .  I am using a digi Xe
| card.  When i use the digi port connected to a modem the cu program
| does not remove the /usr/spool/uucp/LCK....xxxxx lock file when done.

Is the port owned by uucp when it is not in use?

Anyhow, it shouldn't matter.  The next program that wants to use the port
will see if the PID in that LCK..file is that of an active process, and
since it will not be, a new LCK..file is created.

--
JP

cu not removing locks

Post by int.. » Wed, 28 Jun 2000 04:00:00

cu creates a /usr/spool/uucp/LCK..ttyi1A file and when its done it
sometimes removes it, Or something else comes back to put it back.

I looked for other uucp/cu programs running and found none.

I am doing all this from root.

Standard permissions nothing wierd or fancy.

>| Hi, all
>|
>| I am using sco505 with all patches 505a 600a .  I am using a digi Xe
>| card.  When i use the digi port connected to a modem the cu program
>| does not remove the /usr/spool/uucp/LCK....xxxxx lock file when done.

>Is the port owned by uucp when it is not in use?

>Anyhow, it shouldn't matter.  The next program that wants to use the port
>will see if the PID in that LCK..file is that of an active process, and
>since it will not be, a new LCK..file is created.

>--
>JP

1. how to remove a lock from a locked file?

I would like to lock files to allow multiple access
across a network of Decs and Suns, etc. I figure that
the fcntl call would be best since it does allow
NFS locking for both read and write. I have a small
program that tests the locking and for the most part
it works just fine. The problem that I'm having is
when I interrupt the program with a control/C. Is
stops but does not appear to release the lock. This
occurs in several other ways too. (quitting dbx while
a lock is in effect does it, seg faults, etc). I need
the lock to be released when the pgm terminates. I know
the man pages says that the lock is released, but the
next time I start the program, it waits for a lock
and never returns. I have to delete the file to release
the lock. The behaviour is the same on both Dec/Ultrix
4.2A and SunOs Sc2.0.1 so it doesn't appear to be a bug
in the OS (but maybe).

Does anyone out there in netland have an idea on why
this is occurring.

All your help is appreciated.

--

======================
Bill Volz

2. Crazy idle values with 2.4.18-17.7.x

3. PPP-OFF not removing lock file

4. Perl not working

5. System not removing modem device lock file

6. gcc 2.8.0 and 2.0.33 kernel

7. System not removing modem device lock files

8. Xroach and other Freeware

9. UUCP's CU keeps returning a DEVICE LOCKED for new modem...

10. cu and uucp lock during login

11. cu and uucp lock during login (still)

12. Be cu'ing you (cu, packages, 2.5.1)

13. Locking ScrollLock in order to not Lock the Scrolling