OpenServer 5.0.5 and NetServer LH3r

Post by n.. » Wed, 28 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Anyone get OpenServer 505 to run on one of the new NetServer LH3r
servers?  I'm rapidly running out of options to get it to see the
NetRaid controller that is built into the system.  I've linked current
amird drivers from SCO and HP with no success..

Post by jonathan.mer » Wed, 28 Oct 1998 04:00:00

> Anyone get OpenServer 505 to run on one of the new NetServer LH3r
> servers?  I'm rapidly running out of options to get it to see the
> NetRaid controller that is built into the system.  I've linked current
> amird drivers from SCO and HP with no success..

I have UW7 running on an LH3 - and it was difficult. Contact SCO and they
can give you the drivers for the MegaRAID card. SCO will run on the LH3. I
can email you the drivers I got from SCO if you need me too. They will
work for both UW and OS505.

Now if I could just get UW7 to print landscape!

OpenServer 5.0.5 and NetServer LH3r

Post by Wilson Gardine » Thu, 05 Nov 1998 04:00:00

We got got the amird v2.09 driver from SCO and installed on several LH3 OK

Try this boot string

defbootsr link=amird Sdsk=amird(0,0,0,0)

The cdrom is IDE primary/master.

The HP NIC is autodetected as an Intel Pro100B and works OK

Only problem I have found is that the amirdmon does not get started when it
is run from /etc/idrc.d ( a la rs504c but the fix for that does not work
here !) . Copy/rename  to /etc/rc2.d and its OK.

Regards

Wilson Gardiner
BCT Business Systems
Warrington UK

>> Anyone get OpenServer 505 to run on one of the new NetServer LH3r
>> servers?  I'm rapidly running out of options to get it to see the
>> NetRaid controller that is built into the system.  I've linked current
>> amird drivers from SCO and HP with no success..

>> Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

>I have UW7 running on an LH3 - and it was difficult. Contact SCO and they
>can give you the drivers for the MegaRAID card. SCO will run on the LH3. I
>can email you the drivers I got from SCO if you need me too. They will
>work for both UW and OS505.

>Now if I could just get UW7 to print landscape!

1. Problems Installing FreeBSD 4.2 on HP Netserver LH3r !!!

Hi there,

    I'm having problems installing FreeBSD 4.2-STABLE on an HP Netserver
LH3r we have here at work....

It's got a HP Netraid 3si card in it (a rebadged AMI MegaRAID card), dual
PIII 550, 3x256MB of ram)...

The funny thing is that the cdrom boots fine, showing the AMI MegaRAID card,
and the RAID1 array that I've got on it.... The installation appears to go
fine, formatting, copying files, all that, no problems....

Then, when I finish the installation and reboot the computer, right after
the bios where the boot loader should load up, I am greeted with a blinking
cursor in the top left of the screen, that's all...

The drive geometry looks fine... (*/255/63), and it's not set up in the
dangerously dedicated way.... (ie. there's space before and after the
freebsd partition entry)

I've installed other OS's on this server (just to for a sanity check),
including windows (blech), and redhat linux, and they booted up fine...

So, I'm not sure where to head on this one, any ideas?

Thanks for any help you can give me :)

later,

Eric Parusel
Systems Administrator

2. Solaris2.6/SPARC got stucked on multicast setup

3. Sco Openserver 5.0.4 problems loading onto HP Netserver LX Pro with Netraid controller

4. Newbie question: ports

5. Installing SCO OpenServer 5.0.4 in HP NetServer LH3

6. Other discussion forum

7. HP Netserver 5/60 LM, SCO Openserver 5 and RAID

8. using sshd

9. Matrox Mystique ands X.

10. Netserver LT6000R Linux 6.2 install

11. Compaq NetFlex 3 on HP NetServer

12. INSTALL LINUX CALDERA E-SERVER 2.3 ON HP NETSERVER E60 with aic-7895 scsi card

13. Slow NetServer LH2