HOW DO I SET USER DEFAULT FILE CREATION RIGHTS

HOW DO I SET USER DEFAULT FILE CREATION RIGHTS

Post by XSCB » Sat, 10 Jun 1995 04:00:00

When a user creates a file, the file has only read/write rights for the
current user but leaves out rights for both group and world.  How do I set
the user /group / world rights to read and right during file creation.

Thanks For The Help,
Bob Clarke

Post by Roman Fiet » Tue, 13 Jun 1995 04:00:00

   When a user creates a file, the file has only read/write rights for the
   current user but leaves out rights for both group and world.  How do I set
   the user /group / world rights to read and right during file creation.

RTFM 'man umask'

Put this into your profile(s).

Roman

--
Roman Fietze (Mail Code 5023)              Kodak AG Stuttgart/Germany

1. How to set up default file and directory right for all user access ?

Dear All :

I want to set up a directory call ?public ? for all staff use to exchange
their files.

The public directory should allow all users to access all files in the
directory with out restriction. I have set the directory and files right to
RWX-RWX-RWX by chmod.

However , I found that when the user save the file . The file permission
will be changed to that user ?V RWX- . Therefore other user could not use
and modify the file unless I change the file right to RWX-RWX-RWX one by
one. This is not what I want. I want the files can be access by all users

i.e. all files being put into that directory should be changed
to ?VRWX-RWX-RWX automatically.

Any suggestion on this ?

Best regards,
K. M. Lau

2. NFS RPC error

3. Nwe-mars client and file creation rights

4. Anyone got Linux working on Thinkpad 750 Ce?

5. File Creation rights

6. /etc/shells on Solaris3.2

7. Setting users default file permissions

8. Wanted: ZModem for UNIX

9. Default File Creation Permissions

10. default group for file creation

11. Default file permission problems during creation.

12. ERROR: failed creation of user set

13. Setting rights for DOS directory