lp switchs HELP!

Post by john_rom.. » Fri, 10 Nov 2000 04:00:00

Is there a switch in SCO 5.05 lp that tell's lpd No processing should
be done.

The default format is f in the cf* files . The l (literal or binary)
format is used to indicate that the file should be passed directly to
the printer, or have at the most a minimal amount of processing.

I haven't been able to generate a cf file with an "l" filter.

Help!

Regards,
John

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

lp switchs HELP!

Post by Greg M Le » Sat, 11 Nov 2000 09:22:11

Hi
  use:  lp -Tl ...
-Greg

> Is there a switch in SCO 5.05 lp that tell's lpd No processing should
> be done.

> The default format is f in the cf* files . The l (literal or binary)
> format is used to indicate that the file should be passed directly to
> the printer, or have at the most a minimal amount of processing.

> I haven't been able to generate a cf file with an "l" filter.

> Help!

> Regards,
> John

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

lp switchs HELP!

Post by Dan » Sun, 12 Nov 2000 12:10:24

> Is there a switch in SCO 5.05 lp that tell's lpd No processing should
> be done.

> The default format is f in the cf* files . The l (literal or binary)
> format is used to indicate that the file should be passed directly to
> the printer, or have at the most a minimal amount of processing.

> I haven't been able to generate a cf file with an "l" filter.

> Help!

Dear John,
Have you tried

lp -o raw