How can I convert a tty address to an IP address in older SCO UNIX

Post by M WIL » Thu, 29 Oct 1998 04:00:00

How can I convert a tty address to an IP address in older SCO UNIX

Under HPUX the command would be

who -mR

to give me the host name or IP address of the client that is connected on
the pseudo tty port. On older versions of SCO UNIX this does not appear to
be available and is not included in the structures for utmp.

I need (preferable via a unix script) to identify which physical PC is
connecting to the SCO box via a terminal emulator.

How can I convert a tty address to an IP address in older SCO UNIX

Post by Tom Parson » Thu, 29 Oct 1998 04:00:00

M WILD enscribed:
| How can I convert a tty address to an IP address in older SCO UNIX
|
| Under HPUX the command would be
|
| who -mR
|
| to give me the host name or IP address of the client that is connected on
| the pseudo tty port. On older versions of SCO UNIX this does not appear to
| be available and is not included in the structures for utmp.
|
| I need (preferable via a unix script) to identify which physical PC is
| connecting to the SCO box via a terminal emulator.

For 3.2v4.2 based systems, get TLS059.* from ftp.sco.com/TLS