How to assign the default Gateway

Post by Stefano Colan » Tue, 08 Jul 1997 04:00:00

My system is a Pentium Machine with Open server Enterprise. (Text
only)

On the network I have a gateway to a dedicated 64K line.

I found in on-line help how to configure the SCO box as gateway but
not how to assign as default gateway another machine.

Can someone help me?
HTG
viale Monza 196
20128 Milano Italy

How to assign the default Gateway

Post by Phillip L. Kazakof » Tue, 08 Jul 1997 04:00:00

Try

route add default XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX

Best Regards,
       Phillip L. Kazakoff

       Software Engineer
       Systems Administrator, CNA
       Softel Software Technologies Ltd., Jerusalem, ISRAEL
       Tel: 972-2-5870999 ext 1-218, Fax: 972-2-5870333

       I do not fear computers.  I fear lack of them.
                                        Isaac Asimov

Quote:> My system is a Pentium Machine with Open server Enterprise. (Text

Post by Michael Wick » Thu, 10 Jul 1997 04:00:00

> Try

> route add default XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX

> Best Regards,
>        Phillip L. Kazakoff

>        Software Engineer
>        Systems Administrator, CNA
>        Softel Software Technologies Ltd., Jerusalem, ISRAEL
>        Tel: 972-2-5870999 ext 1-218, Fax: 972-2-5870333

>     --------------------------------------------------------
>        I do not fear computers.  I fear lack of them.
>                                         Isaac Asimov
>     --------------------------------------------------------

> > My system is a Pentium Machine with Open server Enterprise. (Text
> > only)

> > On the network I have a gateway to a dedicated 64K line.

> > I found in on-line help how to configure the SCO box as gateway but
> > not how to assign as default gateway another machine.

> > Can someone help me?
> > HTG
> > viale Monza 196
> > 20128 Milano Italy

To make sure this works when you shut the system down and reboot.  I
have added this to the /etc/tcp file.  this way it is automatically set
as the default gateway.
--

Michael Wicks

Post by Udo Mu » Sat, 12 Jul 1997 04:00:00

: My system is a Pentium Machine with Open server Enterprise. (Text
: only)

: On the network I have a gateway to a dedicated 64K line.

: I found in on-line help how to configure the SCO box as gateway but
: not how to assign as default gateway another machine.

route add 0.0.0.0 some.other.system
Add it to /etc/rc2.d/S85tcp.
--
Udo Munk - http://www.umnet.de/
No working email address provided in newsgroups anymore, sorry for the

1. I can't assign a Default Gateway :(

Hi all,

I just installed RedHat Linux 6.0.  I have a cable modem through MediaOne.
They use DHCP.  I have DHCP running at boot time, along with "pump" on my Linux
box.  DHCP appears to be working in the sense that I DO get assigned an IP
address.  However, I DO NOT get assigned a Default Gateway or a DNS.  In other
words, I have no Internet access.

Please Help!

TIA. Adam.

2. Is a line present in a file?

3. does anyone know how to assign a Default gateway using Solaris 2.6 DHCP server ?

4. Writing C++ programs on Solaris

5. PPP assigns incorrect default gateway

6. INN software memory problems

7. How automatic route trafic from default gateway to second gateway then connect to default will broken

8. TCSH

9. Default gateway's default gateway.

10. Two gateways only default gateway works.

11. Default Gateway, Default DNS server

12. Assigning a default interface

13. PPP connection not assigning ip address & default route