256 colors with SCO Open Server 5.0 & Compaq Prosignia

256 colors with SCO Open Server 5.0 & Compaq Prosignia

Post by Bartlomiej Kolodziejczy » Thu, 12 Dec 1996 04:00:00

I want to run a mailing list on my SCO system ver. 5.0, but I don't know
where I could get a program which would distribute messages and do
all the necessary things like adding new user to list, removing user,
sending help message to user and so on.
If someone knows where I could get a free listserver program easy to
configure, I would be very happy.
Please send your reply to my private address, not to the list.
Thank you

                Bartlomiej Kolodziejczyk

256 colors with SCO Open Server 5.0 & Compaq Prosignia

Post by Scot Harkin » Thu, 12 Dec 1996 04:00:00

Howdy,

Check Compaq's web site for specs on the PS500 to see what it says about

think that the address; ought to be) to ask.

It may well be that the driver does not support the function.  Been known
to happen.  I can't imagine that Compaq's built-in video would not support
256 colors on 1024x768.

Scot

--
Scot Harkins (KA5KDU) | Systems Administrator, Thurman Ind, Bothell, WA
North Bend, WA        | Native Texan.  Proud daddy and husband!

1. 256 colors for my 16 color X server?

Does anyone know if there is a way to get my 16 color VGA
X-Server to do 256 "pseudo-colors"?  My Linux box is on
a network and I'm trying to use an application that is not
very nice with respect to color:( It tries to alloc
unavailable colors and results in the dreaded "technicolor
effect")... (aside from getting better video hardware)

I realize that dithering doesn't look as nice as having
the available colors, but in this case it would be better
than the alternative.

 : - )  +<//////>    ...about as close as I get to
                       being dressed that way...

2. undefined reference at link time !

3. ~ SOS ~ re login, passwords & event logging SCO Open Server 5.0

4. CTRL-ALT-DEL Won't Reboot machine and dont see local boot messages

5. Configure dynamic PPP server under SCO Open Server 5.0

6. Linux Certification options?

7. tftp server on sco open server 5.0

8. Token Ring Cards (again)

9. Compaq Prosignia, 3.2.4.0, Compaq CD ROM, mkdev, & custom

10. xtici steals the colors, 256 colors are not enough?

11. A 256-color, X11R6 server for the ET4000/W32 series

12. Will ATI VGA Wonder driver for XF86_SVGA server support more than 256 colors?

13. letters and icons masked by black rectangles in 256-color SVGA X server.