Best Hardware configuration for SCO?

Post by Timothy Gimb » Fri, 15 Mar 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>I am planning on purchasing a some new hardware to run SCO 3.2.4 on.

>Give me your opinions or expierences on any new Pentium 133Mhz and i/o
>boards and tape drives.

>Thanks, Craig.

Craig.  I have had outstanding performance and success with the following..

Intel (zappa, atlantis) motherboards.  Both are pipelined burst cache and
support ALL Pentium chips 60-166mhz
Anywhere from 32 to 168 meg of EDO ram.
adaptec 2940 SCSI controller <make sure you get the kit with the SCO driver or
can get from net>

Seagate ST12550N Fast SCSI II 2 gig hard drives

Exabyte 8205xl  (any of the 8200 series) SCSI tape drive (internal)

I mostly use Digiboard for serial support
Next and comparable good are Computone products
Next I have used Stallion products as well.

 I'm sure you'll get a lot of opinions, the above has given me proven results
in almost 40 machines thus far.

                                        Tim..

1. What is the best hardware configuration for SCO 3.2v4.2

I am looking to purchase a new pentium 133Mhz or greater to run a SCO
3.2v4.2 on.  Does anyone know of a good sound system?  What is the serial
i/o board you would recommend?  What about tape drives?

I am just curious what current users have to say that is all.

Thanks,

Craig

2. Install Help

3. Best Hardware configuration

4. X setup and man pages

5. Linux Ether terminals

6. nohup command

7. Best Hardware Configuration?

8. Best Hardware configuration

9. HARDWARE HARDWARE HARDWARE

10. Best HARDWARE for FreeBSD AND Linux servers?