UW213 - mailsurr - setting correct date based on TZ on outgoing mails

UW213 - mailsurr - setting correct date based on TZ on outgoing mails

Post by Barry O'Connel » Thu, 02 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Hi
    I have been trying to get outgoing mail to display a date in the correct
format
based on my TZ setting but I keep getting GMT, my TZ is as follows:

# cat /etc/TIMEZONE
TZ=:Australia/NSW
export TZ
# echo $TZ
:Australia/NSW
# date
Wed Dec  1 14:41:52 EST 1999

I have tried putting TZ in /etc/mail/mailcnfg as follows, followed by
shutting down and restarting
smtp using /etc/rc2.d/S81smtp, such that it regenerates /etc/mail/mailsurr,
but so far no success:
1.  SURR_EXPORT=TZ
2.  SURR_EXPORT=$TZ
3.  SURR_EXPORT=TZ=:Australia/NSW

I have checked the mail FAQ and SCO's technical article database, and also
archives of this
news group, but only came up with one unanswered question on SURR_EXPORT
from
March 1996.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Regards

Barry

1. Date setting - TZ won't change

I recently installed kernel 1.1.45 and a bunch of utilities from the MCC
collection. Now, even though I have correct Zone entry (US/Eastern) in
/usr/lib/zoneinfo/{localtime,posixtime,posixrules}, using /bin/date
and /sbin/clock won't reset my TZ from BST.  I think my version of 'date'
may be hardwired to one zone.  I compiled clock from timesrc-2.2 code.
Does anyone now where source for the /bin/date utility may be found? OR
what I may have missed.

Tnx for any pointers

Craig Smith

2. problem with routeing

3. how to set correct date and time on my linux box

4. Nessus with Redhat 5.1

5. Crontab that sets correct date/time automatically (RedHat)

6. Slackware 3.2 & mounting cdrom

7. Setting date correct

8. Monitor Black-outs

9. Setting Addresses for Outgoing Mail

10. How to Set the "From:" Field in Outgoing Mail?

11. Correct TZ for system daemons (3.2)

12. Renaming a mail file based on the date

13. Archiving files in "date folders" based on date and time file generated