Web Server for ScoOpenserver 5

Post by Danny Aldh » Thu, 16 Oct 1997 04:00:00

: Can anyone tell me where I can get hold of a web server for SCO Open
: Server 5.   (Free if possible)

Doesn't OpenServer come with a stock webserver?! A modified NCSA I
believe. But you can pick up a copy of apache at ftp.sco.com/Skunk .

--
Danny Aldham           SCO Ace , MCSE , JAPH , DAD
I wak'd, she fled, and day brought back my night. jm

Post by Todd Cormac » Thu, 16 Oct 1997 04:00:00

> Can anyone tell me where I can get hold of a web server for SCO Open
> Server 5.   (Free if possible)

> Thanks in anticipation for the replys

> Richard

Why?  Go get RedHat Linux for $50.00.  You get Linux, Apache Web Server,
NFS, TCP/IP, IPX, PPP, SLIP, GNU C, GNU C++, Xwindows..........

www.apache.org

Web Server for ScoOpenserver 5

Post by Degenhard » Fri, 17 Oct 1997 04:00:00

There is one already in the System! For version 5.0.2 take a look at
/var/scohttp/...!
Juergen

Quote:> Can anyone tell me where I can get hold of a web server for SCO Open

Post by Mark A. Davi » Fri, 17 Oct 1997 04:00:00

> > Can anyone tell me where I can get hold of a web server for SCO Open
> > Server 5.   (Free if possible)

> > Thanks in anticipation for the replys

> > Richard

> Why?  Go get RedHat Linux for $50.00.

Maybe because RedHat Linux does not run under SCO Unix??

Quote:>  You get Linux, Apache Web Server,
> NFS, TCP/IP, IPX, PPP, SLIP, GNU C, GNU C++, Xwindows..........

All of which are also included with SCO OS-5.0.4 Enterprise, or is
available free on the skunkware disk.  But OS-5 also includes Motif,
X.desktop, Netscape Navigator Gold (non-beta, licensed), Netscape Web
Server, etc...

|   Mark A. Davis,  |Lake Taylor| Voice: (757)-461-5001x431 8-4:30ET |

|Information Systems|Norfolk, VA| from USENET remove anti-spam "yy." |

Post by Tomasz Grac » Fri, 17 Oct 1997 04:00:00

> There is one already in the System! For version 5.0.2 take a look at
> /var/scohttp/...!

Have a look at:
http://www5.sco.com/cgi-bin/waisgate?WAISdocID=7844317172+0+0+0&WAISa...
It works well. On 5.0.0 too.

Regards
--
 ________ ________
/__   __// ______/             Tomasz Graca

/_/  /_______/ /_/           tel. (12) 618-77-25

1. pl/sql cusror state using Oracle web agent, web server & database server

Apologies for the broad ng hit, but it could count in any of them.

I am trying to use Oracle web server 1.0, Oracle web agent and Oracle
Server 7.3.3 to simply return a list of items from a table in groups of
ten as a web page allowing the user to click "next ten" when required.

To do this I have written a couple of pl/sql procedures which are
encapsulated in a pl/sql package. The package contains a public
declaration of a cursor which is used to fetch each row from the table
for display. According to the documentation a public cursor in a package
should have its state preserved between calls to the package.

When i test these procedures from SQLWorksheet, I execute
pack.getfirstten which opens the cursor and fetches the first ten rows.
I then execute pack.getnextten which fetches the next ten rows as
expected.

However, when I call the procedures through the use of Oracle Web Agent
as a URL (eg http://machine/test/owa/pack.getfirstten), the first
procedure correctly returns the first ten rows, but a call to the next
procedure in the form of a URL
(http://machine/test/owa/pack.getnextten) fails with an (ORA-1001 [i
think]) unidentified cursor error written to the OWA service log.

Has anyone any ideas why this doesn't work, how it can be made to work,
and if it wont ever work what is an alternative approach based in pl/sql
with OWA as Im on tight timescales?

Many thanks in advance.

2. HP JetAdmin D0036 & Sol. 2.5?

3. NT Web Server : Seeking beta testers for Windows 95, Windows NT Web Server

4. Backup Utils Opinions

5. Can A Web Server connect to another Web Server ....??

6. micro/sys sbc386ex

7. Linux Web server vs. Sun web server?

8. ppp and Slackware 96

9. Directing Win2K Web Server to a Linux Web Server

10. Sun Web Server and JAVA Web Server

11. How to share one IP address with two servers (application server and web server)?

12. FreeBSD Web servers (was Re: NT server vs workstation for WWW server)

13. Can NCSA HTTP server be set up as Proxy Server and Web server?