Minimum free space for upgrade to OS 5

Post by Rune Johans » Wed, 02 Aug 1995 04:00:00

I see from the installation instructions for SCO OpenServer 5, evaluation
editin, that minimum disk space required is 250 MB. But, I want to upgrade an
existing 3.2V4.2 system, that has got some data on it.

What is the minimum free space on root filesystem that is required for a
upgrade? What is the minimum root filesystem required? I am NOT to install the
graphical environment, so I dont need that space, nor either the online
manuals, as I have them on another machine. The machine is to run as a test
machine, for several purposes, in the timelimit of evaluation.

All answers appreciated.

Rune Johansen
Cinet A/S

1. Minimum Space for X-Free

I've got a little Compaq Contura 4/33C with a 170 meg hard drive that
I recently acquired. I think this little guy will make a nice Linux
laptop to carry around with me.

While I can get a lot of use out of it without having X installed,
it would be cool to get X (specifically X-Free86 3.3) up and
running. I was wondering what the minimum requirements for Xfree
were space wise? What can I leave out that's not critical?

Thanks for any help!  I'll be watching here for responses, I don't
give out my email on USENET for obvious reasons.

2. Anyone made a Soundscape PnP work?

3. MINFRAME minimum free space above initial thread stack?

4. LILO problems with RH7.1 and ABit KT7-Raid

5. newfs and minimum free space (problem??)

6. rsh, telnet, ssh hangs my terminal window...

7. FREE E-MAIL, FREE DISK SPACE, FREE UNIX ACCOUNT

8. pptp, nat, ipf, etc

9. FREE E-MAIL ACCOUNT, FREE DISK SPACE, FREE UNIX ACCOUNT.

10. FREE E-MAIL ACCOUNT, FREE DISK SPACE, FREE UNIX ACCOUNT

11. FREE EMAIL ACCOUNT FREE DISK SPACE FREE UNIX ACCOUNT