Samba install directions...

Post by Shane Gibs » Thu, 21 Dec 1995 04:00:00

This article is intended specifically for Edward...  However, if it pertains
to you...Great!

Edward,

You can find information about Samba at the following location:

        http://www.math.u-szeged.hu/hardsoft/hsdetail.htm

or
        http://lake.canberra.edu.au/pub/samba

There is install and configuration information in both of these places.

Luck!

Shane

1. Samba works - in one direction

Attempting to use Samba to share between a debian
linux box and a Windows 2000 box.

After some effort, I can see my (debian) shared directory
in Network Neighborhood on the Win 2K box.  I can
create files (on the Win2K box) in this directory and
read them from debian.

But so far, attempts to mount the Win 2K shares under
debian Linux have failed.

Command "smbclient -L debian" shows what looks like
the right info.

But "mount" and "smbmount" of the Win2K share don't
work.

I've worked through the tests and exercises in
/usr/share/doc/samba-doc/DIAGNOSIS.txt.gz,
and all of them work fine.

Any clues??  Maybe something in my Win2K setup?

rafe b.

2. trace on ping

3. Samba slow one direction only!

4. horizontal scroll

5. Anyone have directions for making an install CD?

6. Help! GCC doesn't know where my include files are....

7. Can I install Linux on NEC Direction SPT 233 machine

8. Non-destructive read of keyboard buffer

9. samba install from samba source?

10. Use the Samba included in Solaris 9 or install more recent Samba?

11. Linux/Samba Machine & User Accounts for Samba PDC in samba-2.2.1a Question?

12. SAMBA, SAMBA, SAMBA

13. bi-direction ttymon setting (AT&T SV 4.0)