madge token ring adapter driver for OS5

Post by Mat » Thu, 02 May 1996 04:00:00

Is there a driver for a MADGE 16/4 ISA Ringnode Token ring adapter
under OS5 and if so where can I find one.
Cheers Matt Rawlins

1. token ring token ring token ring

I would advice either going to a more recent kernel, or back to 1.2.x,
and applying the TR patch.  As far as I can tell, the built-in TR support
in 1.3 was broken early on, and not fixed until very recently.

I had no end of problems - normally showing as booting and init'ing the
TR card ok, could ping ok, but any more then that (such as telnet or ftp,
either into or out of the Linux machine) gave a kernel panic.

Compiled up 1.3.72 the other day and it's been running perfectly ever
since.  I'm using a Madge Straight Blue right now but have also used
some older IBM 4/16 cards.

Leonard

2. fdisk and 9 Gig U2W SCSI

3. Madge Token Ring Adapter AT Plus 16/4

4. Linux Xkernel for sun3's

5. Is there any Linux support for Madge Token Ring adapters?

6. Interswitch Linking on Sun NICS

7. Madge Smart 16/4 PCI Ringnode (Token Ring adapter help)

8. Megahertz XJEM1144T

9. Driver for Madge Token Ring Card

10. Madge PCI Token Ring Driver

11. Madge Token Ring Drivers On SCO 5

12. Let's write a Madge Token-Ring driver

13. Looking for Madge Token Ring Driver