uucp/cu problems with SCO 3.2.4 upgrade

Post by Randym1 » Thu, 26 Oct 1995 04:00:00

Prior to my upgrade from SCO 3.2.2 to SCO 3.2.4.0 'cu' and 'uucp' were
working on my system.  After the upgrade process, I began testing with
'cu' and discovered that although the dialing and connection process
appeared to be working fine, there was some problem.  Characters typed
from my keyboard were not displayed.  Further investigation showed that
the chars are being sent to the remote system.  An 'stty' command: stty -a
< /dev/tty1A (the modem device) resulted in the following:

speed 9600 baud;   ispeed 9600 baud;   ospeed 9600 baud;

swtch <undef>;susp <undef>;start = ^Q;stop = ^S;
-parenb -parodd cs8 -cstopb hupcl cread -clocal loblk -crtsfl ctsflow
rtsflow
ignbrk -brkint ignpar -parmrk -inpck -istrip -inlcr -igncr -icrnl -iuclc
ixon -ixany ixoff
-isig -icanon min = 1 time = 0 -xcase -echo -echoe -echok -echonl -noflsh
-iexten -tostop -xclude
-opost -olcuc -onlcr -ocrnl -onocr -onlret -ofill -ofdel
-isscancode

Please note the 'loblk' parameter; I have not been able to locate any
documentation on this parm, but I have discovered that the command 'stty
-loblk < /dev/tty1A' will fix this problem, apparently.  As this
'solution' is not practicle with 'uucp', I am looking for a real fix and a

Marion)

1. V4.3.2 UUCP (cu) Problem

Greetings.

I just did a migration upgrade of a few systems from AIX V3.2.5 to V4.3.2,
and am having a problem with the cu command.  The format used is:

cu -l<tty> -s<baud-rate> <phone-number>

A specific example:

cu -ltty0 -s2400 5551212

This worked fine under V3.2.5, and would cause the modem connected to the port
to dial and establish a connection to a remote modem.  The same command in
V4.3.2 always returns:

cu: 0835-028 The connection failed. CALLER SCRIPT FAILED.

Using the same command with debugging turned on (-d) yields:

altconn called
Device Type ACU is wanted
ttylock tty0 succeeded
Attempting to open /dev/tty0
clear O_NDELAY
filelock: ok
fixline(8, gdial(hayes) called
expect: ("")
got it
Sendthem (DELAY
A)
expect: (OK)
timed out
set interface UNIX
ttylock ttyx1 succeeded
Attempting to open /dev/ttyx1
generic open failed, errno = 2
set interface UNIX
ttylock tty0 succeeded
Attempting to open /dev/tty0
clear O_NDELAY
filelock: ok
fixline(8, gdial(hayes) called
expect: ("")
got it
Sendthem (DELAY
A)
expect: (OK)
timed out
set interface UNIX
getto ret -1
cu: 0835-028 The connection failed. CALLER SCRIPT FAILED.
call cleanup(1)
call _mode(0)

The "A)" line sometimes appears as "?)" or "???)".  I never see anything I
recognize from the Dialers file.  I hooked up a serial data analyzer between
the port and the modem, and see no data transfered whatsoever.  The symptom
persists with my setup files (/etc/uucp/*) from V3.2.5 (which work fine under
V3.2.5), and fresh files from the V4.3.2 CDROM.  The command:

cu -m -l<tty> -s<baud-rate>

works fine, and I am able to send commands to the modem and get a response.
Anybody else out there seen this?  Any hints would be appreciated.

Jeff.
--
NOTICE TO BULK EMAILERS:  I am really getting tired of your junk email.  It
costs me both time and money.  Send spam to me, and I WILL GET YOUR OPERATION

          Remove the "x" characters from my email address when replying
         ** UNSOLICITED COMMERCIAL/PROMOTIONAL EMAIL IS NOT ACCEPTED **

2. xfig2.1.8

3. UUCP and CU problems

4. find | head | xargs

5. License problem in upgrade SCO 3.2 to SCO Openserver 5

6. Internet Address Lookup Question

7. problem with cu after upgrade to 4.3.2

8. Change xterm's title

9. UUCP's CU keeps returning a DEVICE LOCKED for new modem...

10. uucp cu direct

11. CU and UUCP fail going from Solaris x86 to Linux

12. cu, uucp help please!!!

13. cu and uucp lock during login