netscape 4 and netscape from faststart living together

netscape 4 and netscape from faststart living together

Post by Dmitry the Zuryanovi » Sun, 11 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Netscape4 tries to open it components (javaclasses, so on), and
finds this stuff for 3.01.
It says it wants some enviroment settings, but I cant determine
what does it want exactly.
 Please, drop me those settings ( tree lines ) via mail.

Thanks.

1. Non Netscape Proxy between Netscape Commerce Server & Netscape Browser

When trying to access http://www.internet.net/ we received the following
error within Netscape:

Error 400
Invalid request "CONNECT www.internet.net:443 HTTP/1.0" (unknown method)

When accessing the page through Mosaic we get the page without any errors!

Looking further into this, we realized that the http site was using a Netsite-Commerce/1.0 server.  Another note is internally we access the outside
world using a proxy server(CERN). On further investigation, we realized
that our environment variable in Netscape, Security Proxy, was set to our
proxy server.  Yet our proxy server (CERN) does not offer any of the
security methods.

How can we enable the CERN Proxy server to be able to pass through Netscapes security queries?  Any information would be helpful!

                        Thanks,
                        Vicki.

2. -

3. SCO Internet FastStart/Netscape httpd

4. Sound Card

5. Should FastStart update 1.1 patch include Netscape Gold 3.0 and Sendmail 8.7.5?

6. Setting up standalone Apache, DNS question

7. Faststart netscape server & identd

8. H E L P ! ! Winfast S3 TRIO32 PCI problem

9. SCO Internet Faststart Netscape Admin Died...

10. Netscape Faststart, Internet manager etc

11. 5.04 FastStart Netscape Cfg.Prob.

12. Faststart... Netscape Documentation

13. How to use pgpsendmail together with netscape