PPP routing problem in OS5

Post by Joe DeBis » Sun, 25 Aug 1996 04:00:00

I'm having a problem with my dial-in ppp account.
The local ip is 204.97.217.5
the remote ip is 205.246.28.5

When I dial in and connect everything is OK locally, but I can not get
anything to work on the internet.
When using a web browser, its resolves the ip address, connects and waits
for a reply forever.
What am I doing wrong???  Please help!

Joe DeBiso

PPP routing problem in OS5

Post by Xuanning Hua » Tue, 27 Aug 1996 04:00:00

: I'm having a problem with my dial-in ppp account.
: The local ip is 204.97.217.5
: the remote ip is 205.246.28.5

: When I dial in and connect everything is OK locally, but I can not get
: anything to work on the internet.
: When using a web browser, its resolves the ip address, connects and waits
: for a reply forever.
: What am I doing wrong???  Please help!

: Joe DeBiso

I have a similar question. Any posted or emailed help is highly
appreciated.

David Huang

PPP routing problem in OS5

Post by Fabrizio C. Bartolin » Wed, 28 Aug 1996 04:00:00

I solved the same problem by typing the following line into my router
iproute add xxx.xxx.xxx.remote_ip/32 xxx.xxx.xxx.server_ip
I have an ascend P25 router but this should work on any router. The only
thing is that it doesn't store this information so every time the power
you'll have to retype it

FB

1. Default route OS5 PPP

When i connect to my ISP using PPP on Linux or Win95
a default route is set automatically. I have now succeded making a
connection with PPP / SCO OS5, but I haven't found any way to get the
default gateway set automatically. Is there a way to do this ?

routed is running on my machine, should gated be setup an ran instead ?
If anyone has made this work, please post a brief description !

Steinar

2. Linux on Amiga A4000?

3. Odd OS5 routing problem

4. vesa server ???

5. PPP/ARP routing problem: using a PPP remote address inside an Ethernet subnet

6. BOOTABLE BACKUP - HP9000 / 800

7. More on OS5 PPP & other net problems

8. dump order

9. SCO OS5 and PPP Problems

10. OS5 Problem With PPP Startup / Auto Restart

11. PPP dial-ins refused, OSR-5 with net100

12. concurrent ppp dial-ins

13. IP Accounting doesn't work for PPP dial-ins :-(( ??