Turning off NIS

Post by Gary Hawto » Mon, 28 Oct 1996 03:00:00

One more time...

Does anyone know how to properly turn off the Non-Working NIS system
from my OS5.0 box?  I would really like a little insight before I start
renaming passwd files on my production system.

Thanks!

Turning off NIS

Post by Danny Aldh » Mon, 28 Oct 1996 03:00:00

: One more time...
: Does anyone know how to properly turn off the Non-Working NIS system
: from my OS5.0 box?  I would really like a little insight before I start
: renaming passwd files on my production system.

nis stop ?

--

Need a UUCP E-Mail feed? - Ask me!

Turning off NIS

Post by Gary Hawto » Tue, 29 Oct 1996 04:00:00

> : One more time...
> : Does anyone know how to properly turn off the Non-Working NIS system
> : from my OS5.0 box?  I would really like a little insight before I start
> : renaming passwd files on my production system.

> nis stop ?

> --

> Need a UUCP E-Mail feed? - Ask me!

This will stop the service--I want to get rid of NIS and restore my
password files to normal.  NIS does not seem to work properly on SCO and
I currently can't even add a new account to the system.  I've applied
all of the SCO SLS info and I still can't.  Can I restore the system to
normal without re-installing?

Gary

1. llsubmit hangs when turning off NIS(YP)

Hello,

We have decided to turn off NIS/YP on all nodes. We have made sure to copy
relevant information from the NIS-passwd,group and services maps to the
corresponding local files on all nodes.

After turning off ypbind, llsubmit hangs when trying to submit a job.
When starting ypbind again, llsubmit again submits quickly.

How do I tell AIX not to try NIS?

         Morten

2. Is there an app that can window into a dos box on a network?

3. Ways of turning echo off ... off

4. StarOffice Wrong Architecture??

5. turning non-NIS to NIS master - how?

6. win95 - linux - freebsd - one disk

7. How do you turn off the boot beep?

8. Keeping a VERY accurate time (within a millisecond)

9. Turn off Virtual desktop?

10. Turning off ppp noise from modem?

11. Turn off "header/banner"???

12. My machine wont turn off

13. Turning off "automatic" STARTX command at boot time?