Eicon X.25 and TCP Error

Post by Lars Nylande » Thu, 20 Mar 1997 04:00:00

notice that my personal info was in error. I had forgotten to change it.
My real e-mail address is:

Sorry

Lars Nylander

1. Eicon X.25 and TCP

I am trying to use TCP/IP over Eicons latest X.25 software (X25 Connect
for Unix) on an SCO OpenServer 5 Enterprise but am experiencing
problems.
The Unix host has not local LAN but only localhost defined and
consequently there is no DNS server.  The command 'ifconfig -a' reports
'lo0' as the only interface available.
The Eicon software starts without any errors, both the ecslp_start
daemon and the eclan_server daemon.  Writing 'eclan status server' give
the following information:

Eicon LAN Support Utility
eclan 3.03.03
Copyright (c) Eicon Technology Corporation 1995. All Rights Reserved
Server Name: eiconslp
Server Version:  3.03.00
Local LAN interface protocol: TCP/IP
Local LAN address: 0.0.0.0
Configured LAN sessions: 64
Available LAN sessions: 64
No client sessions present

'eiconslp' is defined in /etc/hosts as 150.10.0.200 (Unregistered
address).

The file tsp.ini has the following info (on the Unix hosts)

[TRANSPORT]
network=tsptcp,tspslp
[SERVICE_LOCATION]
mode=server
poll=60
domainTCP=eiconslp:10
/usr/lib/eicon/eclan.ini
; Define a server:
[Server]
NAME = eiconslp
SESSIONS = 64

Now trying to telnet to the Unix hosts from another hosts doesn't work.
I also need to telnet out from the SCO Unix hosts.  I can't use the
ifconfig command to start an interface as I am unable to determine the
name of the X25 interface.  Consequently how does one add a route to
other hosts as there is no interface?  I would like the command
'ifconfig -a' to give me the name of the X25 interface.  Obviously I am
missing some vital information here.

In short, how does the SCO TCP/IP software 'connect' with the Eicon
software? Needlessly to say, the X25 software works fine otherwise.

Grateful for an answer
Lars Nylander

2. Loggin screen

3. Block tcp/25 Services (telnet host 25)

4. Get Your Free Webtools!

5. Eicon X.25 card and Linux ?

6. xmodmap for GlidePoint?

7. HIGH TCP CONNECT ERROR SYSTEM PORT 25 MAY BE UNDER SYN FLOOD ATTACK

8. Rebuilding 1.0 Amiga kernel

9. Eicon X.25 router & ESIX -- help needed

10. Eicon X.25 card driver

11. Eicon X.25 and Stallion OnBoard/32

12. Linux and EICON X.25 card

13. X.25 support for UNIX & EICON