Virtual domains on FastStart

Post by Nigel Whitfiel » Fri, 15 Nov 1996 04:00:00

I'm just about to install this on a machine, and wondered if anyone
else has solved the same problem with mail in virtual domains:

I'd like to have a mixture of mailing lists, pop mailboxes and
forwarding within a virtual domain, so that

The word from SCO is that this isn't directly possible, short of
pulling mail out from some of the POP boxes periodically. Has anyone
come up with a better solution?

Nigel.

--
Nigel Whitfield

*****     All demon.co.uk sites are independently run internet hosts    *****

Post by James Laszk » Sun, 17 Nov 1996 04:00:00

> I'm just about to install this on a machine, and wondered if anyone
> else has solved the same problem with mail in virtual domains:

> I'd like to have a mixture of mailing lists, pop mailboxes and
> forwarding within a virtual domain, so that

> The word from SCO is that this isn't directly possible, short of
> pulling mail out from some of the POP boxes periodically. Has anyone
> come up with a better solution?

I use Smail to do this and don't have any problems.  Take a look at
http://www.sbay.org/smail-faq.html for examples on virtual domain setup.

James Laszko  -  Director, Technical Services
TFBnet (http://www.tfb.com)

P.O. Box 2828 - Fallbrook, CA - 92028 - USA
(619) 728-7920 [Voice],  (619) 728-0264 [Fax]
You're only young once; you can be immature f'ever

Post by Bill Vermilli » Wed, 20 Nov 1996 04:00:00

>I'm just about to install this on a machine, and wondered if anyone
>else has solved the same problem with mail in virtual domains:

>I'd like to have a mixture of mailing lists, pop mailboxes and
>forwarding within a virtual domain, so that

>The word from SCO is that this isn't directly possible, short of
>pulling mail out from some of the POP boxes periodically. Has anyone
>come up with a better solution?

Use aliases with sendmail.

--

Virtual domains on FastStart

Post by Michael B Garrett - Chud » Fri, 22 Nov 1996 04:00:00

Will aliases WORK with FastStart's virtual domains? The syntax in the .cf
looks very different; I've hesitated to mess with it so far.

'Shot

Virtual domains on FastStart

Post by Nigel Whitfiel » Tue, 26 Nov 1996 04:00:00

That's what I'm curious about; SCO tell me that with their virtual
domains, all you can do is put mail into a POP3 mailbox. Is this
correct, or not?

Nigel.
--

Post by Danny Aldh » Wed, 27 Nov 1996 04:00:00

: That's what I'm curious about; SCO tell me that with their virtual
: domains, all you can do is put mail into a POP3 mailbox. Is this
: correct, or not?

Not. You can run a virtual web server, and since you are also running
sendmail for mail, you can do anything with the mail that sendmail
will allow. I haven't figured out how to have sendmail make my morning
coffee yet, but I bet it is possible. But it requires you to get in there
and manually configure sendmail. The web-page admin is near brain dead.

--
Danny Aldham       www.postino.com
Need a UUCP E-Mail feed? - Ask me!

1. Internet Faststart Virtual Domains & DNS

Has anyone managed to get the Email for Virtual Domains working under
Faststart 5.02. The Setup of the Virtual domains works well, the Web and
FTP sites are available, but if I add mail users to the Virtual domain
and try to send them mail I get a "553 Mail loops back to myself error"

The MX record in the DNS for myvdomain.com is

myvdomain.com.  IN      MX      0       www.myvdomain.com.

The Virtual Domains are on a Faststart Server, and mail set to Virtual
Domain users bounces to root and back to the sender. I'm assuming this
is a DNS issue, but there may be an issue with Faststart.

Any advice is appreciated.

Kirk J. Farquhar
*Infinity Systems Inc.   Suite 207, Markham, Ont.  Canada  L3R 9T3
*
*(905)946-0060             SCO Sales and Support                   *

2. How to turn on cable modem in RH73

3. Using Faststart with Virtual Domains and Mail

4. Browsing a Windows Network from RedHat Enterprise WS

5. FastStart/Virtual Domains

6. Shutdown with reboot

7. virtual domains on faststart

8. Help on SCSI tape setup

9. FastStart, Sendmail & Virtual Domains...Help!

10. local users not receiving mail with internet faststart, virtual domains

11. APACHE/Newbie: Virtual Domains under a Virtual Domain?

12. Name Based Virtual Hosting - Unable to access Virtual domain from IE/Lynx

13. Virtual Domain/Sub Domain?