PCI Parallel Port Board on SCO 5.0.5

Post by Giann » Sun, 01 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

Are there any PCI Parallel port board compatible whith
SCO 5.0.x ?

I know there are drivers for Win95/98 and Msdos but in SCO UNIX ?

Thanks

Gianni - Milano - Italy

PCI Parallel Port Board on SCO 5.0.5

Post by Giann » Sun, 01 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Addendum:

I "must" use a parallel port and not a PrintServer !!

Gianni - Milano - Italy

Post by Tony Lawrenc » Mon, 02 Oct 2000 04:00:00

> Addendum:

> I "must" use a parallel port and not a PrintServer !!

Who says?  Because you think you have to?  You don't.  You *can*
use a print server.  If your reason is because your app thinks it
needs to write directly to a device, see
http://www.aplawrence.com/SCOFAQ/scotec4.html#netdevice

--

SCO/Linux articles, help, book reviews, tests,
job listings and more : http://www.pcunix.com

PCI Parallel Port Board on SCO 5.0.5

Post by David Mab » Tue, 03 Oct 2000 04:00:00

There are a number of vendors of print servers - Axis, Chase (Perle) and
more that support pipes / fixed ports.  Also, if you find a used Central
Daa (now Digi) with a parallel port, they do the same.

This allows you the do what you want, and not crack the box.  Plus you
can put the printer where you want - not near the computer.

> > Addendum:

> > I "must" use a parallel port and not a PrintServer !!

> Who says?  Because you think you have to?  You don't.  You *can*
> use a print server.  If your reason is because your app thinks it
> needs to write directly to a device, see
> http://www.aplawrence.com/SCOFAQ/scotec4.html#netdevice

> --

> SCO/Linux articles, help, book reviews, tests,
> job listings and more : http://www.pcunix.com

--
David H. Mabo, CPCM
Adaptix Corp. - Cincinnati, Ohio