Solutions for adding IPS Hop in Sendmail

Solutions for adding IPS Hop in Sendmail

Post by Kevin J Barn » Tue, 01 Apr 1997 04:00:00

I have an OSR5 system which I am going to be sending email to an ISP
to bounce out mail to the net.  The problem is this.

ISP name = abc.com

If my PPP link is up I can mail to airmail.net!lkbarnes or

IF the link is down and I mail to airmail.net!kbarnes the mail bounces
back.

If I mail to abc.com!airmail.net!kbarnes the mail is spooled until I
connect and issue UUCP transfer requests.

Question:  Should I change my sendmail .cf file to add the abc.com
onto the address or is there some other way around this issue?

TIA

KEvin

1. HOP HOP and skip with PINE

Hi all,

        Can anyone help me with a mail problem?

        I can get all my mail from my mail server but they don't say where they come from they say 'user unknown'.
When I look at the mail it is there in full but there is a message attached at the top
saying 'To many hops 20 used 17 is the max. i have increased the hops in the sendmail.conf
to 25 but now it says 28 is the, it appears to be always three out.

        Can anyone help me or explain what is happening! Thank you

DEREK JONES

Q. How many Microsoft engineers does it take to change a light bulb?
A. None. Bill Gates announces darkness as an industy standard...!
                        Derek Jones. London. UK

CompuServe: 100533,167
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Running OS/2 Warp on a 100MHz 486

2. Can Redhat 6.1 host eXceed 6.1 Xsession? How?

3. too many hops error in sendmail.

4. Several easy questions about FreeBSD, concerning hardware

5. Sendmail: too many hops...

6. AArgh!! Can't configure my ethernet card! HELP!

7. sendmail problem: too many hops...

8. Ongoing 2.4 VM suckage

9. Hops in Sendmail

10. HELP: Can send but not recieve mail with sendmail; "Too many hops"...

11. Errors compiling Wingz 1.4 Add-ins (Linux 1.3.99, GCC 2.6)

12. Communicator dies on add-ins

13. Wingz add-ins - how to write