Need communication program for sco 3.2v4.2

Need communication program for sco 3.2v4.2

Post by Justin Ts » Wed, 23 Oct 1996 04:00:00

I have been looking for and trying several communication pkg for quite
some while. But none of them seems like fit my budget. I am looking for a
low-cost (preferrably shareware) communication pkg that runs on SCO
3.2v4.2 and can let me dial up to other places and also do file transfers
using z-modem protocal. Well it should also possibly be able to be
programmed into a script to do automatice file transfer. User
friendliness is important too, but my budget (which is under $100) is the
key! :) Anyone knows anything about this? Thanks!

Justin

Need communication program for sco 3.2v4.2

Post by Jean-Pierre Radl » Wed, 23 Oct 1996 04:00:00

Justin Tsui propounded certain bytes, to wit:
| I have been looking for and trying several communication pkg for quite
| some while. But none of them seems like fit my budget. I am looking for a
| low-cost (preferrably shareware) communication pkg that runs on SCO
| 3.2v4.2 and can let me dial up to other places and also do file transfers
| using z-modem protocal. Well it should also possibly be able to be
| programmed into a script to do automatice file transfer. User
| friendliness is important too, but my budget (which is under $100) is the
| key! :) Anyone knows anything about this? Thanks!

Xc is free.  It incorporates xmoddem code, and can use pre-1988 versions of
rzsz  code for zmodem.  Source code is in ftp.jpr.com:/pub.  A Binary is in
SCOFORUM on CompuServe.

Older source code and binaries are on ftp.celestial.com, and on last year's
SKunk-Ware CD-ROM.

--

Need communication program for sco 3.2v4.2

Post by Chris Drauc » Wed, 23 Oct 1996 04:00:00

Jean-Pierre Radley wrote

Quote:

>Justin Tsui propounded certain bytes, to wit:
>| I have been looking for and trying several communication pkg for quite
>| some while. But none of them seems like fit my budget. I am looking for a
>| low-cost (preferrably shareware) communication pkg that runs on SCO ....

>Xc is free.  It incorporates xmoddem code, and can use pre-1988 versions of
>rzsz  code for zmodem.

Xc is a really great package for automated up-/downloads and scripting. If
you are looking for anything similar to Telix or Procomm, you may want to