AFPS Upper-case fix?

Post by Danny Aldh » Mon, 21 Jul 1997 04:00:00

I have SCO Faststart5.0.2 with the enclosed 1-user Advanced File
& Print Server. I cannot see any shares that have a Capital Letter
in the name. Is there a fix or path for this? I looked in the
support library 1.1.3 but saw nothing.
I don't know what version of AFPS I have, or how to find this. If you
know how, please let me know. Thanks.

--
Danny Aldham           SCO Ace , MCSE , JAPH , DAD
I don't need to hide my e-mail address, I broke my sendmail.

AFPS Upper-case fix?

Post by James R. Sulliva » Tue, 22 Jul 1997 04:00:00

> I have SCO Faststart5.0.2 with the enclosed 1-user Advanced File
> & Print Server. I cannot see any shares that have a Capital Letter
> in the name. Is there a fix or path for this? I looked in the
> support library 1.1.3 but saw nothing.
> I don't know what version of AFPS I have, or how to find this. If you
> know how, please let me know. Thanks.

AFPS 3.5.1 (the version that would be on the SCO Internet FastStart
CD) did not support mixed case properly.  The latest release
(AFPS 3.5.2) does.  The latest CD's have this new version.

Try upgrading.
--

----
Jim Sullivan           "Don't plant your bad days.  They grow into bad

416 216 4611

AFPS Upper-case fix?

Post by Bela Lubki » Wed, 23 Jul 1997 04:00:00

> I have SCO Faststart5.0.2 with the enclosed 1-user Advanced File
> & Print Server. I cannot see any shares that have a Capital Letter
> in the name. Is there a fix or path for this? I looked in the
> support library 1.1.3 but saw nothing.
> I don't know what version of AFPS I have, or how to find this. If you
> know how, please let me know. Thanks.

Run `custom`, look at the screen.  Or `swconfig`.

The current version of AFPS is 3.5.2, and has a lot of fixes over 3.5.1
(don't let the .01 difference fool you).  An OSR5.0.4 CD would be one
place to get 3.5.2.  I don't know about this problem specifically.

Quote:>Bela<

AFPS Upper-case fix?

Post by MemoSis - Sistemas Inform├íticos Ld » Wed, 23 Jul 1997 04:00:00

Quote:>I have SCO Faststart5.0.2 with the enclosed 1-user Advanced File
>& Print Server. I cannot see any shares that have a Capital Letter
>in the name. Is there a fix or path for this? I looked in the
>support library 1.1.3 but saw nothing.
>I don't know what version of AFPS I have, or how to find this. If you
>know how, please let me know. Thanks.

>--
>Danny Aldham           SCO Ace , MCSE , JAPH , DAD
>I don't need to hide my e-mail address, I broke my sendmail.

Hi,

Take a look at APP433a. Might help....

MemoSis - Sistemas Informticos, Lda.

1. CONVERTING lower-case to upper-case filenames?

        I'm transfering >50 megs of files from my flakey DOS machine to my
Linux machine over a serial line using zmodem. The flakey DOS machine crashes
every so often, so I need to use the crash-recovery features of zmodem.

        Unfortunately, DSZ on the DOS machine only sends upper-case
filenames, while RZ on the Linux machine writes lower-case filenames.
This means that when DSZ checks to see what files are already written, it
only looks for upper-case filenames, and because it doesn't see anything
it re-writes the files that were uploaded previously.

        I imagine that there's a way to rename all of the files on the Linux
machine (about 1000 of them) using a script. Anyone know how to do this?
"sed" seems like the proper tool, but I can't find any good
documentation on it.

        Much thanks to anyone who can help.

| Mark A. Pitcher |
                                                            "GUH!" - Bill Leeb

2. $$$$$ E Z MONEY $$$$$

3. VI - Lower-case to Upper-case

4. Optimize Linux for AMD K6-2/3

5. Upload from NS Gold -> UPPER-Case filesnames?

6. lmgrd crashing on Sun-OS 4.1.3_U1

7. samba and NT: no upper-case filenames

8. C & C++

9. Upper-Case Filenames on CD-Rom

10. Slackware setup, mount and upper-case

11. text console login, how to fix reversed upper/lower case?

12. How do I translate all upper case to smart mixed case?

13. upper case vs lower case ****newbie*****