Tape drive compatibility

Post by Mike Handle » Fri, 29 May 1998 04:00:00

Hi,
I am running SCO version V3.2 V4 and was wondering if this version
has supports for a Seagate TapeStor 8Gig tape drive?

TIA
Mike

~

 Mike Handley

Engineering

                Tip of the Week/Month by Mike Handley:
--- Anyone can do any amount of work provided it isn't the work he/she is
                        supposed to be doing.----

Tape drive compatibility

Post by Crimson Sta » Sat, 30 May 1998 04:00:00

One of my clients uses that drive on SCO Unix 3.2v4.2.  I have restored
several files from tape to disk with it.
--
Crimson Star, Project Consultant
Crimson Star Software

Quote:> Hi,
> I am running SCO version V3.2 V4 and was wondering if this version
> has supports for a Seagate TapeStor 8Gig tape drive?

> TIA
> Mike

> ~

Quote:>  Mike Handley
> MicroServe Information Systems            Mail:

Quote:> Engineering

>            Tip of the Week/Month by Mike Handley:
> --- Anyone can do any amount of work provided it isn't the work he/she is
>                    supposed to be doing.----

1. Solaris x86 Tape Drive Compatibility?

I need to buy a tape drive or some other device I can use to
back up my system on both Solaris x86 and Win95.
On the Solaris x86 hardware compatibility list there are
only SCSI tape drives listed. My computer has IDE drives.
So I also need to buy a SCSI adapter and a tape drive.

Will an IDE tape drive work on Solaris x86?

I was told by one of SUN's engineers that a Iomega Zip and Jaz drives
would work as long as it is SCSI (not parallel). Should I believe?

Has anyone tried using these? Or are there any suggestions
of SCSI adapters and tape drives that are relatively economical?

A related question. Why aren't there any hardrives on the list? Is it
safe to assume that most or all IDE and SCSI hardrives will work?

Reply to me or the group.

Thanks in advance,
Bill

2. Keeping remote session open

3. Tape drive compatibility

4. Mknod help req

5. Tape Drive Compatibility

6. init 0 & init 5

7. DLT tape drive compatibility

8. Automount cdrom

9. tape drive compatibility

10. Want LINUX for tape drive compatibility. Advice sought

11. SCSI Travan tape drive compatibility

12. HP tape drive compatibility

13. Tape Drive compatibility?