Can use modem for incomming/outgoing???

Post by Jonathan Ch » Thu, 18 May 1995 04:00:00

Quote:>Hello,

>Is it possible to have a modem line, eg tty1A, enabled for incomming and
>outgoing uucp and cu calls?

Yes. There's a section in the Manuals that go thru' this step by step.
It's a lot better that what anyone can tell you here.

[Although, there have been situations when the getty so thoroughly inteferes
 with the terminal device that cu could never make an outgoing call]

1. traceroute reply in both incomming and outgoing interface

Hi there all,

I want my linux-box when i use traceroute to reply with both on my incomming
interface and my outgoing interface.

Now when i use traceroute my linux only responds once, and with the nearest
interface to me
Let's say eth0 10.0.0.10. But I want to also see wich outgoing interface it
uses. For instance eth1 xx.xx.xx.xx or eth2 yy.yy.yy.yy. So the same box has
to respond twice.
On a cisco router this is not a strange thing to do.
Is this possible on a Linux?

Thanks for your time

Jan-Willem

2. HP-9000 L-Class versus Sun Enterprise 450

3. Network Config. Can Outgoing But cannot incomming

4. arpspoof (dsniff) on Debian: can't get it to work

5. Firewall question, opening only port 25 for broadcast, incomming, outgoing.

6. Q: How does the FreeBSD filesystem perform?

7. is it possible to setup a modem for outgoing transmissions using LAT?

8. How to pass kernel parameters when booting from floppy?

9. Connecting an incomming telnet to a modem?

10. Help me setup modem for incomming calls

11. Limiting outgoing bandwidth per machine, using Linux (2.2.19) on ADSL

12. Mail: Using a Different Domainname in outgoing mail

13. how do I redirect all outgoing packets using IPTABLES