Upgrade 2-user to 16-user 3.2v4.2

Post by Marlin Whitak » Thu, 04 Apr 1996 04:00:00

Here's something I think I should know but can't quite remember:

Is there a way to upgrade 2-user SCO UNIX 3.2v4.2 to the 16-user
version of the same without doing a complete re-installation?

I assume that such an upgrade path is no longer available from SCO.
Correct?

Upgrade 2-user to 16-user 3.2v4.2

Post by Marlin Whitak » Fri, 05 Apr 1996 04:00:00

Here are some answers to my own questions:

Quote:> Is there a way to upgrade 2-user SCO UNIX 3.2v4.2 to the 16-user
> version of the same without doing a complete re-installation?

SCO says no.

Quote:> I assume that such an upgrade path is no longer available from SCO.
> Correct?

According to SCO, there was never such an upgrade available, and there
certainly isn't now.

1. SCO 3.2v4.2 16 user wanted

We would like to purchase a copy of SCO 3.2v4.2 to run a database
application on a 486 with 8mb. We mistakenly purchased a 2 user
copy by mistake and our customer needs the system badly.

2. calculation of (bsd accounting) ac_mem incorrect?

3. system login user exceed 16 user

4. soundblaster / Panasonic CD-ROM

5. SCO 3.2v4.2 5 user license upgrade needed

6. SMC Server dead

7. question on 2-User

8. C++ & matlab engine, gcc versus SUNWspro cc

9. TCP/IP 1.2.1 2-User Compatible?

10. Trade Solaris x86 for 2-user NetWare 4.1?