SMTP & POP3 Server

Post by Ezy System » Thu, 31 Jul 1997 04:00:00

Could anyone help me find a good freeware SMTP and POP3 server/s for SCO
Unix rel3.2 v 4.2

Thank you.
--

Ezy Systems Pty Ltd

WWW: http://www.ezysys.com.au

SMTP & POP3 Server

Post by Jean-Pierre Radle » Thu, 31 Jul 1997 04:00:00

Ezy Systems telecommunicated:
| Could anyone help me find a good freeware SMTP and POP3 server/s for SCO
| Unix rel3.2 v 4.2

Smtp is not a problem.   Either MMDF or sendmail talk smtp, and you already
have them.

For POP3, TLS049a has been on SCO's ftp site and in SCOFORUM on CompuServe
since March 1994.
--

1. Public Domain SMTP & POP3 Servers ??

    I work at a small (8 employees) company who would like to get
connected to the internet primarily for e-mail, but also for occasional
FTP, WWW, etc.  We are primarily a Macintosh office (Ethernet using
EtherTalk & TCP/IP) with a Sun SPARKstation IPX on the network which acts
as a file server for the Macs and also runs an optical CAD program.

    The local Internet Service Provider which I use from home, tells me
getting the office connected for e-mail is easy if I can get an SMTP and
POP3 server running on the Sun.  Are there any public domain versions out
there and if so where do I find them.  The connection to the ISP would be
over a dial-out 28.8K modem and I need to connect using PPP.  Besides a
modem is there anything else that I need in the way of software?

    Any help would be appreciated.  Are there any FAQs I should be looking
at for basic information?

Thanks

--
Landy Atkinson
Gradient Lens Corporation                     Phone: 716.235.2620

2. need help with netscape server error message

3. mail (pop3 + smtp) server using ODBC connections for user & auth info?

4. Howto indentify file's owner & group?

5. running smtp server and pop3 server on same machine ?

6. Serial cable for Rs/6000

7. POP3 & SMTP

8. Mailserver

9. SMTP & POP3 question.

10. I need SMTP & POP3 Source !!

11. Pop3 & SMTP

12. POP3/SMTP Linux Server

13. POP3 / SMTP Server for small network ???