OSR5.0.4 PANIC

Post by Augustus Santiag » Mon, 03 Aug 1998 04:00:00

has anyone ever seen a PANIC when you connect an openserver 5.0.4
machine to a network, as soon as I plug in the cable to the hub I get
these panic messages. It has happened on two different machines, and
they both have different network cards. The messages stop when I
disconnect the cable. Any help would be appreciated.

thanks.

OSR5.0.4 PANIC

Post by Jean-Pierre Radle » Mon, 03 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Augustus Santiago typed (on 02Aug):
| has anyone ever seen a PANIC when you connect an openserver 5.0.4
| machine to a network, as soon as I plug in the cable to the hub I get
| these panic messages. It has happened on two different machines, and
| they both have different network cards. The messages stop when I
| disconnect the cable. Any help would be appreciated.

Something prevents you from posting the exact text of the Panic
messages???

--

OSR5.0.4 PANIC

Post by Bill Vermilli » Mon, 03 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>has anyone ever seen a PANIC when you connect an openserver 5.0.4
>machine to a network, as soon as I plug in the cable to the hub I get
>these panic messages. It has happened on two different machines, and

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Quote:>they both have different network cards. The messages stop when I
>disconnect the cable. Any help would be appreciated.

Care to tell us what those panic messages are.  Most people here
aren't veterinarians and need a little hint to help diagnose
problems.

OSR5.0.4 PANIC

Post by Russell Conne » Wed, 05 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Hmmm, looks like the answer is...

shoot the horse!

> >has anyone ever seen a PANIC when you connect an openserver 5.0.4
> >machine to a network, as soon as I plug in the cable to the hub I get
> >these panic messages. It has happened on two different machines, and
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> >they both have different network cards. The messages stop when I
> >disconnect the cable. Any help would be appreciated.

> Care to tell us what those panic messages are.  Most people here
> aren't veterinarians and need a little hint to help diagnose
> problems.

OSR5.0.4 PANIC

Post by Eric G. Marchan » Fri, 07 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Hi,
What is your hardware ?
What is your Network ? (Ethernet, Token .....)

                        Eric Marchand
                        Tech. Supp. Man.