power safe mode

Post by Ravi Reddy B » Wed, 28 Oct 1998 04:00:00

HI Managers

 When the system is booted monitors starts blink
 untill U press a key.

 it will wait for only 1 second. then again u press the key

 I have remove the power config. and rebuild the kernal
 but still the problem occurs.

 ANy IDEA will be great help full

 TIA
 Ravi

power safe mode

Post by Richard Howlet » Wed, 28 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Quote:

> HI Managers

>  When the system is booted monitors starts blink
>  untill U press a key.

>  it will wait for only 1 second. then again u press the key

>  I have remove the power config. and rebuild the kernal
>  but still the problem occurs.

Do you by any chance have your screen saver set to 1 second or some
other very small value ;-)

--
Richard Howlett

1. slow because of power safe mode?

Hi all,

I installed FreeBSD 4.2-STABLE on a 233MHz AMD K6-2. However, the feeling
is more like 20MHz. Compiling the kernel for instance took more than
7 hours, make world 2 days.
What I noticed is that the power LED is blinking which I think is a sign
that some power safe mode is active. I have turned off all APM switches
in the BIOS, set apm_enable="NO" in /etc/rc.conf, compiled a kernel
without APM support, searched the net - all to no avail.

Is there something I might be missing? Maybe something completely
different?

Regards,
Michael

2. ftape, Conner tsm420r not found..

3. safe to turn off the power at the login screen?

4. SCSI-3w vs SCSI-ultra-wide hard disk

5. safe to power down?

6. How to read a Win95-partition with partition table with errors.

7. safe hard power-off

8. Win2K/RH8 Partition Question

9. how safe is minix filesystem in power failure?

10. Power fail safe filesystem on DoD

11. win95 boots in safe mode

12. safe to apply LibC patch in multiuser mode?

13. Is backup in multi-user mode safe?