DAT/SCSI problems

Post by Bill Ehrm » Thu, 11 Jan 1996 04:00:00

I'm trying to install a temporary SCO 3.2.4.2 server to copy some DAT
tapes that we have laying around and I'm having nothing but problems.
I've got a DTC 3x80AS ISA SCSI card in a 486 machine with a Segate
ST11200N drive on the internal bus and a HP 35480A DAT drive on the
external bus (all the termination is done properly to the best of my
knowledge.)   The system installed without a hitch from diskette and
will boot and run fine.  I can dump the root partition to a tape
without any problems, however, when I try to "tar tvf /dev/nurStp0" or
"tar xvf /dev/nurStp0" I get the following message:

PANIC:  timeout on swingrw

DOUBLE PANIC: already in dtcintr

Can anyone advise me as to what the problem could be and how to fix
it?

Thanks in advance!

Bill Ehrman
Alliance Research, Inc.
(606)344-0077 x.191

1. HP DAT /SCSI Problem

I had problems with a HP c1533  (?) dat drive. Some people said use
shorter cables, that helped, in that I could then see a diskdrive that I
thought was dead! What did it though was switching from 1.3.60 kernel to
1.3.45, which someone else sugested. That did it. Now the drive works
fine.

Andy

2. Obtaining the base address of a pci device in solaris 2.6

3. DAT tapes vs. non-DAT tapes ( SCSI )

4. ANON-FTP FAQ Exist?/Location?

5. Can PAS16 SCSI drive SCSI DAT tape?

6. ipfw/masuerading

7. SoundBlaster 16 SCSI-2 and SCSI dat drive

8. Enlightenment.

9. Problems with Adaptec 1542b SCSI & Sony SDT-5000 DDS2 DAT

10. SCSI problem with 4mm DAT (large jobs)

11. Problems with HP DAT scsi on AHA 2920 under linux 2.0.27

12. FreeBSD 2.2.2, Adaptec 1520B and Sony 7000 SCSI DAT Problems

13. SCSI DAT problems (device not configured error)