Rebranding ODT 3.0.0

Post by Brent Jacks » Thu, 11 Jan 1996 04:00:00

We have just had a hard disk crash :-(
... but it was only our back up system :-)

We have since done a minimal install which we backed up to tape.  We then
booted off a floppy and loaded on to the new disk the complete live system.
We were intending to now overwrite that with the minimal install so as to
restore the system name and serial number.  Unfortunately, this will also
overwrite other useful files such as /etc/passwd.

Is there any way to re-brand a SCO Unix 3.2v4.2 system ?

I have found brand, newkey and serialize but they seem to need a list of
files to brand.

Any help would be much appreciated.  Could you please email as well as
post, because our news feed is erratic.

Cheers,
        Brent Jackson.

1. ODT 3.0 Device Drivers with ODT 5.0?

No one can possibly tell you much, not SCO or anyone else, since we don't
know if you are talking about drivers for a SCSI Host adapter, a sound
card, a video card, a serial port board, and whatever the case, the
manufacturer of the hardware, the model number of the hardware, and the
version number of the driver.

--

2. Installed Bind 4.9.3 on solaris 2.5 and now get tons of Lame server

3. DHCP with SCO ODT 5 and SCO ODT 3?

4. ***ANY HELP APPRECIATED*************

5. PANIC on SCO ODT using ODT-DOS

6. Help needed!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Mounting ODT 3 disks in ODT 5 - Best way ??

8. trasparent windows

9. backwards compat. between ODT 5 and ODT 3

10. u386mon for odt 3 and odt 5

11. SCO ODT v1.1 - ODT-VIEW Anomaly

12. Microsoft in rebranding exercise -- InfoWorld.com

13. Reserializing SCO ODT 3.2 server