Driver SCO for CD-ROM COMPAQ-XL-5100 (fwd)

Post by Nelson Marti » Thu, 07 Sep 1995 04:00:00

You might be loading the wrong BTLD...
Make sure you use the one for SCO open server 5. It's called amd002.b.Z.
and I think the only place you can get it is at ftp sos.sco.com

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: 6 Sep 1995 13:13:29 GMT

Newgroups: comp.unix.sco.misc
Subject: Driver SCO for CD-ROM COMPAQ-XL-5100

I want to know where finding for the SCO open server 5 operating system, the BTLDs for the CD-ROM unit (SCSI) of COMPAQ mounted in a unit COMPAQ DESKPRO XL-5100.

We have proven in the FTP.COMPAQ.COM site with some BTLDs called AMDHA with the BTLDs, it load them but upon generating the Kernel us it give the message:

PACNIC: sleep- Interruptible sleep sans catcher (chan 0xC0010000, spl 5)
Dump not completed

That it means this.

Greeting and thank you for advancing.

Driver SCO for CD-ROM COMPAQ-XL-5100 (fwd)

Post by Nelson Marti » Fri, 08 Sep 1995 04:00:00

anonymous ftp to aswell.com, I'll put it in the /pub/compaq
directory

>Make sure you use the one for SCO open server 5. It's called amd002.b.Z.
>and I think the only place you can get it is at ftp sos.sco.com

I have proven the connection with the SITE sos.sco.com and with
ftp.sco.com]and I receive the following message:

Your IP number, 159.23.144.5, could not be found via PTR record in
the Domain Name Server. websco.sco.COM requires that your IP number
have a valid PTR record. Contact your Administrator for assistance,
or login from a system know to the Domain Name Service via PTR record.

can you help me.

TIA.

$
$Your IP number, 159.23.144.5, could not be found via PTR record in
$the Domain Name Server. websco.sco.COM requires that your IP number
$have a valid PTR record. Contact your Administrator for assistance,
$or login from a system know to the Domain Name Service via PTR record.

   Well, the message usually means what it says.  When our office
first hooked up to the Internet, our ISP had not set up any DNS
records for us (as our domain name application was still pending).
I could not connect to ftp.sco.com from any machine on our network.

   I had our ISP put in records for one machine which really needed
to be able to connect to ftp.sco.com.  Once they did this, that
one machine (but no others) could connect to ftp.sco.com.

   If you want to test to make sure it's your problem and not
SCO's, try to find another site which also checks for a DNS
record, and try to connect to it.  I believe, though I'm not
100% certain on this, ftp.uu.net does likewise.  ftp.worldbank.org
also claims to reject such attempts, but it also rejects connections
from sites which _do_ have valid DNS records, so don't be fooled
if you run into that site ...

Stephen M. Dunn, CNE, ACE, Sr. Systems Analyst, United System Solutions Inc.
104 Carnforth Road, Toronto, ON, Canada M4A 2K7          (416) 750-7946 x251

1. Driver SCO for CD-ROM COMPAQ-XL-5100

I want to know where finding for the SCO open server 5 operating system, the BTLDs for the CD-ROM unit (SCSI) of COMPAQ mounted in a unit COMPAQ DESKPRO XL-5100.

We have proven in the FTP.COMPAQ.COM site with some BTLDs called AMDHA with the BTLDs, it load them but upon generating the Kernel us it give the message:

PACNIC: sleep- Interruptible sleep sans catcher (chan 0xC0010000, spl 5)
Dump not completed

That it means this.

Greeting and thank you for advancing.

2. Redirection in exec statement of find

3. Driver for Compaq 5100 XL Deskpro ethernet adapter

4. Oops in 2.4.17

5. Driver for Compaq 5100 XL Deskpro SCSI adapter

6. dual boot ONTRACK FreeBSD problem

7. SCSI disk for SCO 5.0.4/DEC Prioris XL 5100 DP

8. ypxfr / yppasswdd / Getting passwords across to clients

9. Q:EIDE CD-ROM trouble (on DEC Venturis 5100)

10. Video Driver for Compaq LTE 5100 Laptop

11. Oops pcnet32 ethernet driver on Compaq Deskpro 5100

12. CD-ROM driver for Turtle Beach/Funai 6X CD-ROM?

13. Compaq Deskpro XL 590 Driver for SCO