mmdf, not local host error

Post by Doug Satterfiel » Thu, 09 Nov 2000 04:00:00

SCO OS 5.05a, 600a, 497c, mmdf
PPP 56K dialup connection, dynamic IP.

I have a mail server that has worked very well for months until my account's
ISP changed the authentication for the SMTP server to try to stop spammers.
My mmdf bad users and hosts is set to deliver mail to their server.  When my
server attempts to deliver mail, it attaches fine, gets hello from SMTP and

error: "550 not local host hotmail.com, not a gateway, unknown address,
cannot deliver, returned.  Problem address ending, no valid addresses"  My
bad hosts and users have not changed, only their authentication.

The mail is returned.  The ISP said, Go into Outlook Express, Accounts,
Outgoing Mail server and Check "My server requires authentication"  He also
said, "I don't know anything about unix"

Will the people who do know something about Unix please give me a clue as to
how I might get around this problem?  If I had a static IP he could allow me
in but since I am using a dialup PPP connection (from Tony Lawrence) we
cannot go this route.  Any ideas appreciated.

Thanks
Doug

1. MMDF does not deliver mail to any local users

Hi,

We have configured a standalone SCO Unix box which connects to the
remote Solaris box via ppp.  The ppp connection is good and the name server
is good for all network applications except for the local mail delivery.
We use MMDF as the MTA.  We can send email to anywhere else except ourselves.
When we send email to the users within the same local domain (where is
the Solaris box is located), it always complained about "host name lookup
failure).

Could someone point out the problem for us?  Thanks in advance.

STY

2. What should happen if the kernel...

3. MMDF not accepting SMTP connections to specific hosts

4. Disk change detected

5. Apache1.3.0 error: [error] Symbolic link not allowed: /usr/local/jdk/

6. vi in solaris 2.4

7. local host/local domaine--password

8. Redhat 7.2 - ipchains (i need an idiots access method)

9. local printer want to send test-page to local-host?

10. ip alias /virtual host/works on local net but not over our modem pool

11. Help! local hosts name resolving does not work

12. error message: can't find internet address for local host

13. error starting httpd - local host name cannot be resolved