routing inside network

Post by Jim Pazaren » Tue, 27 Oct 1998 04:00:00

SCO 5.0.4
In my little /26 network (209.205.50.0-63), I have a router which assigns
the top 30 IP's for dial in PPP lines. (209.205.50.33-62).

Could someone advise how to make a route add command to let my server
know where to find these 30 IPs ?

Also, if there are multiple servers on the network, do they _all_ require
a route command to find these 30 IPs ?

If this is the wrong forum for routing questions, kindly advise a newsgroup
which is more appropriate.

--

                 http://www.qcislands.net/paz

routing inside network

Post by Bill Vermilli » Wed, 28 Oct 1998 04:00:00

>SCO 5.0.4 In my little /26 network (209.205.50.0-63), I have
>a router which assigns the top 30 IP's for dial in PPP lines.
>(209.205.50.33-62).
>Could someone advise how to make a route add command to let my
>server know where to find these 30 IPs ?

Well I've only worked with 3 different routers models with dial-up
connections, and none of them required anything special, other than
adding the default gateway for the router, and the route from the
dynamically assigned dial-in numbers, to the devices base network
address.  These are inside the router configuration.  This is on
Livingston's, Cisco 2511, and Ascend Max4000.  For dial-out you
you will need to add a route on how to get to those, but for
dial-in only it's almost happens automagically.

Since there are probably more manufacturers than just those three
:-) :-) why don't you explain the problem and detail the hardware.
Have you tried something which did not work?