Problem with second network card installation

1. two network cards, two(?) networks, one computer...

Greets.

At work we have several servers with two network
cards per configured on the same network.
Ie. one card would be 192.168.1.4 and the second one 192.168.1.5.
One card is plugged into the backbone.
However, the other card is plugged into a 'server-only' hub,
I guess for inter-server communication.

My question: is this sane?

--
Robert Dale

   "arrest this man he talks in maths"
                          RADIOHEAD OK COMPUTER

2. gcc 2.5.7 comp. errors with lib4.5.8

3. Second Post: Network Card installation.

4. X shutdown? error incl.

5. Two Ethernet cards, two networks, now what?

6. Linux Universe Setup re X

7. How to set my Linux machine to have two network cards with two IPs

8. AIX 433 routing tables & ping.

9. two computer connected by two network cards

10. A Linux in Two Networks Throug the same Network Card?, HOW TO CONNECT

11. Trying to setup firewall on linux box with two network cards, cards are not configuring correctly

12. problems with two network cards. Fundamental limitation?

13. Problems Add Second Network Card