Sendmail: accepting connect on port 25

Post by Edmond Won » Thu, 10 Apr 1997 04:00:00

Hi,

I have installed SCO Internet FastStart Upgrade 1.1, there seems to be
problem in sendmail 8.8.5.
When I type the command:

ps -ef | grep mail

before installation, there would be an entry "sendmail -bd -q1h"

after installation, the entry becomes "sendmail: accepting connect on
port 25"

The sendmail seems not to bind the socket 25 for smtp. Is the entry
correct? How to correct it?

Thank

1. sendmail not accepting connections on port 25?

Hi,

I'm running OpenBSD 2.7 release on the multihome machine. Sendmail
starting with -bd -q15m switches. When I telnet to port 25 from local
console everything is fine. When I telnet to port 25 from outside
network I get no connection. IPFilter rules are set to allow all from
outside/inside networks. Telnet to port 587 works.
netstat shows smtp port as LISTEN.
What is the catch?

TIA,

Open BSD novice.

2. Italian ISP?

3. Sendmail service port 25 can't be connected

4. dhcpd.conf include statement fails: No such file or directory

5. Sendmail & port 25 help !!!

6. Blocking single user boot

7. HIGH TCP CONNECT ERROR SYSTEM PORT 25 MAY BE UNDER SYN FLOOD ATTACK

8. Any exception handling facilities in c!

9. Problem connecting to Port 25/110

10. Sendmail on a listening on a Port other than 25

11. Writing to a socket connected to Port 25

12. Immediate disconnect while connecting to SMTP, port 25

13. Sendmail on a port other than 25.