Help Please! Need help with password protecting directories

Help Please! Need help with password protecting directories

Post by Cabb » Wed, 12 Aug 1998 04:00:00

I am trying to set up a password protected directory...

I have set up a .htaccess file in the directory which contains:

AuthUserFile /usr/sitename/www/dirname/.htpasswdAuthGroupFile
/dev/null
AuthName ByPasswordAuthType Basic

where sitename and dirname are obviously replaced with appropriate
names.....

I run htpasswd and create a .htpasswd file, but when I try to load an
html file from this directory, i get it without being asked for a
password...

What am I missing?

Jim

1. HELP, Need help on Solaris 8, Please, Please

I installed Solaris 8 on a Sun Ultra 10 machine.  When I try to use the netscape
that came with it for a browers it says:
            Netscape us unable to locate the server www.sun.com
            Please check the server name and try again.

It also says:
   Warning the following hosts are unknow
            home.netscape.com
            home6.netscape.com
            internic.net
  This means that some or all hosts will be unreachable.

I can open a terminal window and ping any ip address I want to, it says any ip
address I tell it is alive.

I am new to solaris8, so some one please tell me exactly what I need to do.
Please Help Me.

Ralph

2. Confused about 'upgrading' a package

3. Password Protected Directory

4. Dialin's and USR's?

5. password protecting directories

6. !!!HELP!!! - Filesystem trashed, need HELP PLEASE!

7. Getting prompted twice for password protected directory

8. netscape colors

9. password protected directory listing behavior

10. password protecting an individual directory

11. Using ErrorDocument with Password Protected Directories.......

12. (Apache) Password Protected Directories

13. Password Protected Directories???