Program Wanted

Post by Ken and Beth Sco » Thu, 13 Jul 1995 04:00:00

I'm a user on a system which runs SCO System V/386 release 3.2.  I've had
a fair amount of experience using other OS's, but this is my first
experience with SCO.  Anyway, I'm looking for something on the order of a
window manager (such as screen) which will work with this version and
allow me to multiplex a physical terminal between several shell processes.
I tried screen itself (v3.6.2 was the latest version I could find), but it
didn't seem to want to compile properly.  Does such an animal exist, and
if so, where can I find it?

Thanks very much in advance for any help.

--
Ken

___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.12

Program Wanted

Post by Krzysztof Rozyc » Fri, 14 Jul 1995 04:00:00

: I'm a user on a system which runs SCO System V/386 release 3.2.  I've had
: a fair amount of experience using other OS's, but this is my first
: experience with SCO.  Anyway, I'm looking for something on the order of a
: window manager (such as screen) which will work with this version and
: allow me to multiplex a physical terminal between several shell processes.
: I tried screen itself (v3.6.2 was the latest version I could find), but it
: didn't seem to want to compile properly.  Does such an animal exist, and
: if so, where can I find it?

: Thanks very much in advance for any help.

There is sth called mscreen, you need to add entries to /etc/mscreencap
for your terminal type.
Krzysztof Rozycki
OETO Politechnika Krakowska
Krakow, Warszawska 24

1. Password expiry warning program wanted

: Hi,

: On some other operating systems, a week before a password is due to
: expire, the login program prints a message warning the user when their
: password will need changing.

: Does anyone have a program to do this for the Unix four character
: expiry codes based on the "Max,Min,Week since 1970" sequence as
: implemented in SVID2 & XPG systems such as HP-UX.

: Any pointers to URL's sites, program names would be helpful

: Thanks in advance

: Regards
: Chris Cook

Try 'man 4 passwd'

Wes
---
Wes Brown

http://prozac.cwru.edu/wes/About.me.html
KB8TGR

2. how to set motherboard chipset registers

3. Openlook programs wanted

4. Help with Script

5. Program wanted

6. DHCP and DDNS for AIX???

7. "mkswap" program wanted

8. ksh "exec ${file_handle}>> ${file_name}"

9. C Program Wanted

10. msgs program wanted

11. Spanish to English Tran. program wanted

12. YMODEM Batch program wanted

13. host to nameserver datafile conversion program wanted