FW: POP3 Server Trouble

Post by Mark L. Wis » Wed, 10 Jun 1998 04:00:00

I believe that you might need to install the PC Enterprise server software.
PCIPOP is the POP3 server installed during PC Enterprise installation.

Hope this helps.

--
Mark L. Wise
Alpha II Service, Inc.
614.868.5033
614.868.1060 Fax

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Tuesday, June 09, 1998 4:49 PM

Subject: POP3 Server Trouble

Using SCO 5.0.4 Cannot connect to the POP server from win98 machines in my
network.
Get the error message:

<27>Jun  9 16:21:10 inetd[17113]: execv /usr/pci/bin/pcipop: No such file or
dir
ectory

File pcipop does not exist on this server
Did check and all the files for the PC-Unix connectivity have been
installed.

Thank you.

1. FW: FW: Win98 and POP3 mail services

I finally got this to work!!!!

The secret is when I installed Outlook 98 I installed support only for
Internet mail access.... (Stupid me, that's all I wanted...)  I installed
support for MicroSoft Mail servers AND Internet mail and voila... now
Internet mail only reads all mail messages, internal and external correctly.

Thanks to all who tried to help and I hope this helps anyone else in this
situation...

BTW, POP3 or IMAP on the SCO server side worked identically.... no SCO
problem here  :)

--
Mark L. Wise
Alpha II Service, Inc.

2. Security Vulnerability in dtspcd **Rev.01**

3. Home POP3 server connect to ISP POP3 server

4. How to enable VGA graphics in an X Window in DOSEMU?

5. trouble with using pop3 servers and pine

6. syslogd -n -z 13 ?

7. POP3 Server Trouble

8. routing problem

9. FW: Win98 and POP3 mail services

10. RH 7.2 IP Masq FW/Gateway seems to block POP3 from Windows internal wkstn

11. iptables pop3 clients connecting to ext pop3 servers

12. pop3 server with webinterface to manage pop3 accounts

13. (newbie) pop3 mail client on pc attached via ethernet to linux pop3 server problems