SCO Network Administration

Post by Sean Maddo » Sat, 24 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Greetings...I have approx. 15 SCO servers in our organization and do not
normally support them but must make some modifications to the network
configuration to bring them into alignment with our global IP strategy.
Unfortunately I do not know how to do this on SCO.  Can anybody tell me the
specifics for doing the following tasks:

1) replace existing IP address with new one, including mask, broadcast &
network values.
2) modify the hosts file to reflect changes
3) modify the route table to reflect changes

Any other steps that may be required would be appreciated.

thanks - sean

SCO Network Administration

Post by Eric Hansso » Sun, 25 Jan 1998 04:00:00

[snipped]

Quote:> Greetings...I have approx. 15 SCO servers in our organization and do not
> normally support them but must make some modifications to the network
> configuration
> 1) replace existing IP address with new one, including mask, broadcast &
> network values.
> 2) modify the hosts file to reflect changes
> 3) modify the route table to reflect changes

NO, I'm sorry most of us will decline your plea for help, since you
failed to give us any clue as to what Operating System you are actually using
on you boxes. SCO the company has made a number of OSes for 20 years now
and since we don't know which one you have, how can we help you ?
If you would provide us with the basic facts, I'm shure someone will
come to your aid. (If you are unshure as to HOW to go about gathering these
facts, please post that here also, as a separate issue)

--
eric
I'm an excellent driver.                        "Dustin Hoffman

SCO Network Administration

Post by Jeff Volckaer » Tue, 27 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Try running scoadmin (as root of course) and look in Networks->Network
Configuration Manager.  The HOSTS file is /etc/hosts.  Use route to adjust
routing.
--
Jeff Volckaert
IS Administrator

Quote:> Greetings...I have approx. 15 SCO servers in our organization and do not
> normally support them but must make some modifications to the network
> configuration to bring them into alignment with our global IP strategy.
> Unfortunately I do not know how to do this on SCO.  Can anybody tell me
the
> specifics for doing the following tasks:

> 1) replace existing IP address with new one, including mask, broadcast &
> network values.
> 2) modify the hosts file to reflect changes
> 3) modify the route table to reflect changes

> Any other steps that may be required would be appreciated.

> thanks - sean

1. Network Management and Network Administration.

i would like to know more about all the questions listed below. Thanks
a lot.

1. What network operating system and client operating system do
network administrator use?

2. What network topology would the administrator recommend? Why?

3. What is the most common problem that they encounter in the network?
How do they solve this problem?

4. What hardware configuration do they use in servers?

5. Name any three network management software applications that are
compatible with Windows NT/2000 Server? Which would be more suitable
for small network and an enterprise network? What are the functions
they perform and protocol(s) they use?

6. What are the key features of VLAN technology? What are the benefits
and limitations of VLAN? Give an example(s) of VLAN applications.

2. The Open Source Barrier

3. Dallas- SCO UNIX System Administration Position Available!

4. Modeline depository?

5. system administration in SCO

6. ATAPI floppy devices

7. Any good books on SCO Xenix 2.3.2 esp System Administration ?

8. Diamond FAQ

9. SCO Unix System Administration...

10. Solaris 9 Certification Survey: System and Network Administration!!!

11. Problem with Network Administration Tool

12. Linux Network Administration Guide

13. Linuxconf for remote network administration