sco-list: Re: gcc and sco libraries, MySQL, PHP3 and Apache

sco-list: Re: gcc and sco libraries, MySQL, PHP3 and Apache

Post by Bill Campbel » Tue, 07 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>God bless you both, you can guess why. 1.3.0 wouldn't compile; instead
>of the libprot stops I got argc and argv stops at a given moment, I've
>read something about this and will have to look it up and see what it
>means again.

You might want to grab ftp.celestial.com:/pub/getglobals, a perl script
that extracts global information from '*.o', '*.a', and '*.so' files.  I
run this on all the libraries on the system putting the output in
/usr/local/lib/globals which I can then grep for undefined variables when
linking fails.  It isn't pretty, but it works.

This same script works on several flavors of Unix including SCO, Linux,
Solaris, and SGI INDY.

Bill
--

UUCP:               camco!bill  PO Box 820; 6641 E. Mercer Way
FAX:            (206) 232-9186  Mercer Island, WA 98040-0820; (206) 236-1676

A Galileo could no more be elected president of the United States than
he could be elected Pope of Rome.  Both high posts are reserved for men
favored by God with an extraordinary genius for swathing the bitter
facts of life in bandages of self-illusion.
                -- H. L. Mencken

Post by Tony Earnsha » Sat, 11 Jul 1998 04:00:00

> You might want to grab ftp.celestial.com:/pub/getglobals, a perl script
> that extracts global information from '*.o', '*.a', and '*.so' files.  I
> run this on all the libraries on the system putting the output in
> /usr/local/lib/globals which I can then grep for undefined variables when
> linking fails.  It isn't pretty, but it works.

Found it in /lbin, Bill. Thank goodness I have an ftp client that
searches the whole server while I'm doing something else. Thanks for
taking the trouble, anyway.

The Apache 1.3.0 http_main.c argv/argc problem seems to be a bug, as a
number of people have experienced the same and it's been posted as a bug
at Apache's. The last version to complete the compile was 1.3b5.

Tony

--
Tony Earnshaw
Systems Manager